Marketing & Media trends
- Adidas Originals and the Lego Group have collaborated yet again, and are presenting a new take on the classic Superstar silhouette. Launching alongside the playful Adidas Originals Lego Superstar sneaker is a buildable Superstar Lego brick model.
- According to a recent survey, only 22% of South African businesses are aware of privacy laws governing their marketing activities, despite the Protection of Personal Information Act (PoPIA) set to take effect on 1 July 2021.
- "As a young, Black female, I believe it's not only important to service clients but also to open up the digital floor to much needed conversations so that the campaigns we work on bring about real change," says Nombulelo Malinga, founder and director of Zizi Digital, which specialises in social media marketing and offers 360 digital consulting service. Evan-Lee Courie
- What does the future hold for women of colour in the advertising industry?
- New commercial station Hot 102.7FM announces on-air lineup from 1 July 2021
- Adidas shares glimpse of immersive new Sandton flagship
- The fine art of building a brand for modern traditionalists
- #YouthMatters: Alex Krause's strategy to be successful
- PoPIA and social media posts
- South African Social Media Landscape Report 2021 event launch
- Alex Glenday
- Jonathan Smit
- Nthabiseng Motsoeneng
- Vilo Trska
Construction & Engineering trends
CSI & Sustainability trends
- Christelle Marais
- Innocent Masayira
- Nazeema Mohamed, Feryal Domingo and Soraya Joonas
- Keri-Leigh Paschal
- Siphelele Kubheka and Desikan Naidoo
Energy & Mining trends
- Dominique Collett
- Andrew Duvenage,
- Maarten Ackerman
- Kuhle Mnisi
- Marius Botha
- Nema Ramkhelawan-Bhana
- Mike Middleton
- Henry van Deventer
HR & Management trends
- Samantha Naidoo
- Jonathan Veeran, Nozipho Mngomezulu and Burton Phillips
Logistics & Transport trends
Marketing & Media trends
- Andrew Smit and Johan Walters
- Joff van Reenen
- Marcél du Toit
Apps like Facebook, Instagram and TikTok, which tailor content to the user's interests and behaviour, have allowed a new generation of spenders to create a personalised online shopping mall experience...
The economic consequences of Covid-19 are continuing to be felt in the form of changed shopping patterns and lifestyles, but also faster innovation and technology adoption...
95% of consumers in South Africa are considering emerging payments such as biometrics, digital currencies and QR codes, in addition to contactless...
2020 proved to be a year of unprecedented consumer demand when it came to e-commerce adoption and popularity...
Retail veteran Mitch Slape unpacks the changes in consumer behaviour that the Covid-19 pandemic has brought about, and where Massmart is seeing growth...
Lauren Hartzenberg 19 Apr 2021
Deloitte's latest State of the Consumer tracker shows South Africans are currently most concerned about finances - even more so than the health impact of Covid-19...
Grocery shopping in SA has changed forever as consumers have become comfortable with shopping for day-to-day groceries online, says NielsenIQ's Kelly Arnold...
Kelly Arnold 12 Mar 2021
WATCH: Payfast's Jonathan Smit shares insight into the recent growth of the e-commerce landscape and future trends to watch out for...
Kantar's Norman Reyneker says that as companies define their future-fit commercial strategies, they must challenge assumptions related to the evolving digital retail landscape...
2Engage shares a few predictions for trends in the loyalty and rewards space in South Africa's retail main market...
Dion Chang, one of South Africa's most respected trend analysts, kicked off BizTrends2021 - Towards New North and New Narratives...
Evan-Lee Courie 28 Jan 2021
As the fight against Covid-19 rages on, the property sector shows a bag of mixed results with some parts of the sector...
Herbert Seabelo Theledi 28 Jan 2021
The circular relationship between retail sales, consumer spending and employment in SA means retailers are unlikely to be able to 'sell' themselves out of the situation in which they now find themselves...
Tasmika Ramlakan 20 Jan 2021
The top trends that Euromonitor believes will define consumer behaviour and influence business strategies in the year ahead...
From large florals to '50s inspired headscarves, fashionistas globally are getting ready to kiss their WFH ensembles goodbye, despite many countries forcing their citizens back indoors to help curb the spread of the dreaded coronavirus. Here are a few trends the stylish can look forward to in the year to come...
Rob Noble 18 Jan 2021
Our current homebound reality will continue to influence purchasing decisions. The demand for indoor fitness, remote working, and therefore comfortable yet stylish attire, presents an opportunity for fashion businesses...
Nicola Cooper 13 Jan 2021
The plant-based movement has become an unstoppable trend globally as well as in South Africa during the last few years. Entrepreneur, food consultant and plant based advocate Mira Weiner highlights seven key plant-based trends for 2021...
Mira Weiner 11 Jan 2021
Despite the dissemination of vaccines in the months ahead, a larger portion of consumer spending will be impacted by recessionary conditions...
Ailsa Wingfield 11 Jan 2021
The franchise industry has proven itself to be resilient, innovative and collaborative, which is why it still survives. But it will need all these qualities, and more, to weather and adapt to what will continue to be a testing time...
Morne Cronje 8 Jan 2021
2020 was a difficult year for fashion businesses globally. Consumers became more self-aware, with a more needs-based focus and the pandemic forced a shift in industry 'thinking' and the implementation of new strategies to improve sales in 2021...
Meagan Duckitt 8 Jan 2021
From Covid-19 to an economic downturn, so much of our energy was spent just getting through each day. For many of us in the wine industry, this became a lot harder when a ban on alcohol sales was implemented in late March 2020. Join us as we take a moment to reflect on what was and the lessons we can take into the new year...
Kristen Duff and Gosia Young 7 Jan 2021
For the past 50 years, the primary role of business in society has been to maximise shareholder return, a consequence of Milton Friedman's seminal article in the New York Times in 1970 in which he stated that "any other use of shareholders money was irresponsible"...
Mike Middleton 7 Jan 2021
The pandemic calls for a paradigm shift in how the packaging industry meets consumer's safety concerns while addressing the threat of climate change...
Nthabiseng Motsoeneng 7 Jan 2021
Brands need to be clear on consumers changing habits, specifically around their desire to connect with others and how they spend their time on shopping preferences...
Jason Stewart 6 Jan 2021