Marketing & Media trends
- Adidas Originals and the Lego Group have collaborated yet again, and are presenting a new take on the classic Superstar silhouette. Launching alongside the playful Adidas Originals Lego Superstar sneaker is a buildable Superstar Lego brick model.
- According to a recent survey, only 22% of South African businesses are aware of privacy laws governing their marketing activities, despite the Protection of Personal Information Act (PoPIA) set to take effect on 1 July 2021.
- "As a young, Black female, I believe it's not only important to service clients but also to open up the digital floor to much needed conversations so that the campaigns we work on bring about real change," says Nombulelo Malinga, founder and director of Zizi Digital, which specialises in social media marketing and offers 360 digital consulting service. Evan-Lee Courie
- What does the future hold for women of colour in the advertising industry?
- New commercial station Hot 102.7FM announces on-air lineup from 1 July 2021
- Adidas shares glimpse of immersive new Sandton flagship
- The fine art of building a brand for modern traditionalists
- #YouthMatters: Alex Krause's strategy to be successful
- PoPIA and social media posts
- South African Social Media Landscape Report 2021 event launch
Construction & Engineering trends
CSI & Sustainability trends
- Christelle Marais
- Innocent Masayira
- Nazeema Mohamed, Feryal Domingo and Soraya Joonas
- Keri-Leigh Paschal
- Siphelele Kubheka and Desikan Naidoo
Energy & Mining trends
- Dominique Collett
- Andrew Duvenage,
- Maarten Ackerman
- Kuhle Mnisi
- Marius Botha
- Nema Ramkhelawan-Bhana
- Mike Middleton
- Henry van Deventer
HR & Management trends
- Samantha Naidoo
- Jonathan Veeran, Nozipho Mngomezulu and Burton Phillips
Logistics & Transport trends
Marketing & Media trends
- Andrew Smit and Johan Walters
- Joff van Reenen
- Marcél du Toit
- Alex Glenday
- Jonathan Smit
- Nthabiseng Motsoeneng
- Vilo Trska
Participating in our annual #BizTrends2021 feature, Anthony Orelowitz, director at Paragon Group, shares his insights on how Covid-19 has and will impact the future of the workplace...
Sindy Peters 11 Jan 2021
The recent history of South Africa's energy landscape has not been great. With poorly maintained infrastructure, delayed construction of new capacity, illegal connections and cable theft; news headlines on the topic of SA's electricity are rarely good...
Barry Bredenkamp 7 Jan 2021
South Africa's property sector, in general, has shown poor performance during the Covid-19 pandemic. Property stocks have taken a significant hit, where retail and commercial office space have been hit hardest...
Paul Jackson 6 Jan 2021
The catalytic role of construction in South Africa's economic reconstruction and recovery plan is well defined and enjoys strong support across a wide spectrum in society...
Cyril Vuyani Gamede 6 Jan 2021
Over time, we have seen that much of the problem-solving, analysis and synthesis and heavy mathematical lifting is now done by computers. Gone are the days where engineers are seen pouring over drawing boards...
Selvan Murugan 6 Jan 2021
Congratulations to the SME companies who have won full-page BizListing entries in Bizcommunity's business directory...
Bizcommunity.com 26 Oct 2020
According to recent GDP reports, the downturn in the manufacturing sector - including iron, steel, non-ferrous metal products, metal products and machinery - has contributed a total of 11% to the overall 51% decline...
There's never been a better time to rewrite the future or a better time to come on board to sponsor BizTrends...
Bizcommunity.com 14 Sep 2020
On a micro and macro level, the world focus for 2020 and beyond is a growing commitment towards the environment and sustainable energy...
Bouwer Serfontein 13 Jan 2020
South Africa is taking strides towards transitioning to a cleaner green economy, with the country's approved 2019 Integrated Resource Plan (IRP) being gazetted...
Ntombifuthi Ntuli 9 Jan 2020
The South African waste management industry is constantly developing and can be counted as one that is most efficient within the African continent...
Kate Stubbs 8 Jan 2020
Cement production and consumption is a reliable indicator of a nation's growth, as its infrastructure is a reflection of development....
Bryan David Perrie 7 Jan 2020
The quickest win of all lies in reticulation efficiency. We currently lose about 25% of treated, expensive drinking quality water to leaks in our cities and towns...
Dhesigen Naidoo 6 Jan 2020
There is a direct link between the stability of an economy and ongoing development - and currently, the local construction and property industries are undeniably experiencing a lull...
Johan Piekaar 6 Jan 2020
'Smart cities' is a buzz term which has gained popularity globally over the past decade...
Taru Madangombe 6 Jan 2020
When starting out or moving into a different speciality in the construction industry, the best thing you can do is to study after matric, to at least NQF level 7, and/or get your foot in the door with a company that has multiple contracts (and offers training)...
New expectations of transparency and authenticity in business means things like organisational purpose, brand stories, how your company does things, what it believes in and what it stands for, can all play a part in how your company sees itself and how it is seen by others...
Bizcommunity.com 2 Oct 2019
Your invitation to the first Trend Report of the new decade!..
Bizcommunity.com 29 Aug 2019
From preventative medicine to smart mobility to 5G, the 2020s will see significant trends driving global growth over the next decade...
Since 2001, Bizcommunity anticipated the role of company culture as intellectual capital. Biz Press Offices are a "glass box" game changer, offering a window into 18 industry communities...
Bizcommunity.com 23 Jul 2019
Women empowerment has been a widely promoted topic globally, particularly in traditionally male-dominated industries like construction...
Experts provide insight in to the emerging trends in African energy and infrastructure projects.
The international trend towards co-working, defined essentially as shared office space, equipment, and services, is set to change the office space landscape in South Africa...
Claire D'Adorante 7 Jan 2019
South Africa's declining infrastructure remains an area of concern for the country's future, yet despite the current environment, opportunities exist for construction companies...
Théo Gaultier 7 Jan 2019
Transit-oriented development is the exciting fast-growing trend in creating vibrant, livable, sustainable communities...
Karen Petersen 7 Jan 2019