Source: © Marek Uliasz 123rf
In addition, the white paper unpacks how content marketing is being used by brands and specialist agencies in South Africa; what content marketing means within our landscape; and what its future looks like.
Launched by the IAB SA’s Digital Content Marketing Committee, and powered by DStv Media Sales, this industry-first white paper, is compiled by some of SA’s leading content marketing experts in collaboration with an industry survey conducted amongst IAB members in 2021.
Covering everything from content marketing’s role in a cookie-less future to its application in the B2B landscape post-pandemic, the white paper is rich with ideas, insights and examples that every marketer, publisher and brand should consider for 2022 and beyond.
Grab it, read it, share it
“Content marketing has come a long way in South Africa. With this white paper, we have tried to educate and enlighten, to pay homage to its past and present – and to create direction and excitement for its future.
“Grab it, read it, share it. Be inspired. Discuss it with your clients and agencies. And then make sure it’s front and centre of your marketing strategies,” says Anelde Greeff, co-founder and chief content officer of 2Stories, member of the IAB’s digital content marketing committee and editor of the white paper.
“Our job at the IAB is to develop an understanding of how the South African digital marketing industry will change as it matures – and content marketing is a key element. Part of how the IAB does this is through white papers such as this one,” says Razia Pillay, IAB SA’s CEO.
Inside the whitepaper
- Digital content marketing defined - Sarah Browning-de Villiers (Machine_, Publicis Groupe) and Emma Odendaal (John Brown Media)
- A brief history of content marketing in South Africa - Helena Gavera (Cedar SA/King James Group)
- Is content marketing still relevant? - Dominique Bowen (Machine_)
- The local agency landscape - Bronwen Bowley (Jellyfish)
- Content marketing in a post-Covid, online B2B world - Gugu-Lisa Zwane-Johnson (Old Mutual)
- The importance of a content marketing strategy - Brendan Cooper (Cedar SA/King James Group)
- Why content marketing is key to winning in a world where first-party data is king - Sarah Browning-de Villiers (Machine_, Publicis Groupe)
- Safety in numbers - Emma Odendaal (John Brown Media) and Megan Singh (New Media)
- Industry case studies
- Last word: What’s next in content marketing? - Anelde Greeff (2Stories)
View the The IAB SA's 2022's State of Content Marketing in South Africa