Marketing & Media jobs
- Digital Account Manager Johannesburg
- Junior Graphic Designer Kloof
- Customer Relationship Manager Nelspruit
- Desktop Publisher Cape Town
- Project Coordinator Johannesburg
- Junior Copywriter Paarl
- Sales/Marketing Manager Centurion
- Senior PR Account Manager Cape Town
- Senior PR Account Manager Cape Town
- Multimedia Producer Johannesburg
[Cannes Lions 2011] Winners at awards ceremonies (updated)
The Promo & Activation and the Direct Grands Prix went to Romania. BV McCann Erickson Bucharest took the two Grands Prix for its 'American Rom' entry for Kandia Dulce. In the PR category, the jury awarded the Grand Prix to Clemenger BBDO Melbourne, Australia for its entry for the National Australia Bank, 'Break Up'. The Direct Agency of the Year award was won by Ogilvy Argentina Buenos Aires.
The second of four awards ceremonies took place on 21 June 2011 to honour the Media, Outdoor and Radio Lions winners.
Cheil Worldwide Seoul Korea took home the Media Grand Prix for its entry 'Homeplus Subway Virtual Store' for Tesco and Droga5 New York, US, took the Outdoor Grand Prix for the entry 'Decode Jay-Z with Bing' for Bing/Jay-z. The Radio Grand Prix was awarded to Net#work BBDO Johannesburg, South Africa for radio ads 'Bud', 'Love' and 'Toby' for Mercedes-Benz.
The Gold winners of the Young Lions Media Competition was the team from Czech Republic. Silver place went to Germany and Bronze to Brazil.
The winners of the Press, Design and Cyber Lions categories was announced and awarded at the third Awards Ceremony of the Cannes Lions Festival week on 22 June.
JWT Shanghai won China's first ever Grand Prix in the Press category for their ad 'Heaven and Hell' for Samsonite. The Design Grand Prix was awarded to Digital Kitchen Chicago, USA for 'The Cosmopolitan Digital Experience' created for The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas.
The three Cyber Lions Grands Prix were presented to Google Creative Lab New York, R/GA New York and Wieden + Kennedy Portland respectively.
The Media Person of the Year award was presented to Eric Schmidt, executive chairman of Google. Also honoured were the winners of the Young Lions Print & Cyber Competitions. The team from Australia took the gold Print Medal, with Canada taking gold for their Cyber entry.
The final night of the Cannes Lions International Festival of Creativity has concluded with the Film, Film Craft, Creative Effectiveness and Titanium and Integrated Lions Awards Ceremony on 25 June.
Wieden+Kennedy Amsterdam, The Netherlands, won the Film Grand Prix for Nike's 'Write the Future'. Droga5 New York, USA was presented with the Film Craft Grand Prix as well as the Integrated Grand Prix. The jury decided not to award a Titanium Grand Prix.
The Grand Prix for Good award was presented to Leo Burnett Melbourne, Australia for its Film entry 'See the Person' for Scope. The inaugural Creative Effectiveness Grand Prix went to Abbott Mead Vickers BBDO London.
Sir John Hegarty was honoured and presented with the inaugural Lion of St. Mark trophy.
Advertising Agency of the Year was given to AlmapBBDO Sao Paulo, Brazil. Independent Agency of the Year went to Wieden+Kennedy Portland, USA. The Palme d'Or, given to the most awarded production company, was presented to Smuggler USA.
The Network of the Year award was presented to BBDO and Holding Company of the Year went to WPP. IKEA walked away with the Advertiser of the Year trophy.
All the winning work from Cannes Lions 2011, is now available to view online along with their credits at www.canneslions.com.
- Bizcommunity Special Section: Cannes Lions
- Bizcommunity Search: Showcase of SA's winning Cannes Lions work
- Bizcommunity Search: Cannes Lions
- Bizcommunity Twitter list: South Africans at Cannes Lions 2011
- Bizcommunity Twitterfall: South Africans at Cannes Lions 2011
- Bizcommunity Blog: South African judges at Cannes Lions 2011
- Official site: www.canneslions.com
- Google News Search: Cannes Lions
- Google Blog Search: Cannes Lions
- Twitter Search: cannes_lions OR canneslions OR "Cannes Lions" OR canneslions2011
- Facebook: Cannes Lions page
- LinkedIn: Cannes Lions group
- Twitter: @Cannes_Lions and @CannesBackstage
- YouTube: Cannes Lions channel
- Flickr: Cannes Lions photostream
- RSS: Cannes Lions feed
Updated at 11:45am on 27 June 2011
Updated at 1:12pm on 27 June 2011