|ID Logistics South Africa is part of the ID Logistics Group, a global leader in contract logistics that supports customers' strategies through all supply chain functions related to innovation and optimisation. |
We offer end-to-end logistics services, such as warehousing, primary transportation and secondary distribution for fresh/chilled, ambient, food and non-food goods. The Group has now acquired market-leading expertise in e-commerce logistics and can meet the needs of e-commerce specialists, distributors and manufacturers. In just a few years, ID Logistics has grown to become the leading e-commerce logistics provider in France and is replicating this strategy in Europe, Latin America and Asia.
The group, established in 2001, has an recognised track record in contract logistics through operations across 17 countries in 300 locations across the world; over 5,500,000 sqm of warehouses; 19,000 employees; and revenue of US$ 1,637 million in 2017. The South African operation commenced in 2012, through a joint venture partnership with Danone Southern Africa and ID Logistics Fresh SA (Pty) Ltd, and have since expanded to service other clients within the network.
Today, ID Logistics is recognised as a leader in perishable, FMCG contract logistics in South Africa, with global multinationals and local clients, such as Danone, Nestlé,Woody's, Mayo Dairy, Denny, Spar, OK Foods, and Sir Fruit, to name a few.
- Our Network was established to manage Danone Southern Africa's primary warehouse at its factory in Boksburg, which supplies regional distribution centres and cross dock delivery facilities. We expanded our operations to target clients in other sectors to ensure our contract logistics skills are not only exposed to the fresh market, but are accessible to the logistics and supply chain market.
- We currently manage five warehouses with a total space of 37,638 sqm in Port Elizabeth, Cape Town, Atlas (Gauteng), Boksburg and Durban.
- Our national network includes:
- 5 stockholding and 10 cross docks across South Africa.
- We perform 85% of our customers' deliveries in 24 hours.
- We export to our customer agents in Botswana, Namibia and Swaziland and Mozambique
- We have elected hauliers in line with our global standards.
- We implement daily stock replenishment between our stockholding facilities, and daily shuttles between these facilities and the cross docks.
We manage a national fleet of secondary delivery vehicles at major stockholding facilities and cross dock facilities. Our over 168 trucks boast best-of-breed technologies, and are also equipped with GPS systems that allow tracking of goods, temperature checks and real-time alerts to our transportation control tower.
ID Logistics' resources include a team of transport and warehouse engineers, project managers, an IT team to customise systems, as well as a continuous improvement team and a sizeable support structure from the global company. As a global business, ID Logistics has the infrastructure, technical skills and depth of resource to take new and tailored solutions to market quickly and easily.
- Supermarkets and hypermarkets, DIY, household equipment as well as sporting goods, which require specific knowledge of peaks in activity to be managed efficiently, coupled with logistics flows in terms of storage or just-in-time deliveries. Our global clients in this sector include Carrefour, Auchan, Alinéa, Conforama, Castorama and GO Sport.
This sector requires the ability to manage flows from factory to client, with very high-quality standards in terms of respecting environmental standards. Associated with co-packing or postponement, the logistics services provided frequently lead to overall management of the supply chain. Our global team has delivered services to clients such as Pepsico, Panzani, Beiersdorf, Danone, P&G and PPG, offering different products but always with a focus on logistical flows and excellence.
- Cosmetic & Fragrance
This sector is characterised by automated order picking expertise in luxury or high-value added products. Highly flexible resources are needed in order to adapt to the seasonal nature of these products while also maintaining lasting high quality standards. Prestigious clients include Guerlain, Elizabeth Arden, Coty, Marionnaud, Loreal and Puig.
This sector is characterised by management of import and export flows worldwide, customs management, secure warehouses, precision in the management of products for a very large number of products stored, flat or hanging. It is vital to be able to adapt resources to seasonal volumes and sale periods. Chloé, Cortefield, Le Coq Sportif, Puma, Kiabi and CWF have placed their trust in ID Logistics.
The speed of introducing new products to the market is a key requirement of the sector. Managing import flows from outside Europe, co-packing a very large number of units in record time and shipping them at the same time to different distribution channels are challenges faced every minute. Bouygues Telecom, Sony Electronique, Fuji, Avenir Telecom have entrusted their logistics to ID Logistics.
Anticipating the unpredictability of orders by guaranteeing a no-fault no-delay end customer promise are the everyday challenges facing pure-play operators and multi-channel specialists. Vente-Privée, Cdiscount, Auchan.fr, Nespresso and Leroy Merlin sell a wide range of products but have the same requirements in terms of speed and excellence of execution.