The 2010 judges for this year's Association for Communication and Advertising (ACA) Apex awards have been announced this week, along with an extension for entries to 10 February 2010, with a ‘late entry' penalty of R750 (excl VAT) per entry over and above the entry fee of R1650 (excl VAT) per entry.
- Andy Rice - chair of Yellowwood Future Architects and chair of the 2010 Apex adjudication panel
- Ivan Moroke - group MD of Yellowwood Future Architects and vice chair of the adjudication panel
- Charles Foster - MD of Millward Brown
- Emmet O' Hanlon - MD of DDB SA
- Geoff Whyte - commercial director: Africa, Middle East at Cadbury SA
- Gill Mkhasibe - joint MD of The Alternative Consultancy
- Jason Knight - strategic director at Brand Activation
- Jerry Mpufane - MD of Draft FCB Johannesburg
- Lou Boxall-Davies - head of planning at Morris Jones
- Lynn Madeley - CEO of Euros RSCG SA
- Natasha Velen - marketing manager of Oracle Airtime Sales
- Neil Higgs - director: Innovation & Development of TNS Research Surveys
- Nicola Rule - chief marketing officer at Yum! Restaurants Africa
- Paul Warner - founder and chief creative officer of Metropolitan Republic
- Pepe Marais - ECD of Joe Public
- Sandile Mkhasibe - ECD at Momentum McCann
- Wandile Collis - strategy manager at The Jupiter Drawing Room.
Announcing the panel of judges, Moroke says, "Despite all the evidence that has shown marketing communications to be an essential business tool (as opposed to a business nice-to-have), business leaders are yet to fully embrace and acknowledge the importance of the profession."
"The judges are of a high calibre and bring to Apex immense knowledge and vast experience, not to mention their infectious passion," says Andy Rice.
Odette Roper, CEO of the ACA adds, "An Apex is unlike any other trophy in a display cabinet - it is a statement of credibility for agencies and marketers alike and can be used as a business tool to build more collaborative, mutually beneficial relationships between agencies and their clients.
"The Association is very proud of its awards, which has grown bigger and better year-on-year. Together with our sponsors, the SABC and the team from Ogilvy Johannesburg who are assisting with the 2010 communications campaign, we are looking forward to another successful Apex," concludes Roper.
For more information on Apex visit www.acasa.co.za
or send an email enquiry to