NEW YORK: The 48th annual Clio Awards, which honours creative excellence and innovation in advertising and design, earlier this week announced the line-up of industry leaders who will serve as Executive Jury Chairs to head its seven awards categories for 2007, and award-winning Peet Pienaar, creative director of Cape Town-based Daddy Buy Me a Pony, is to head up Design.
"Clio recognises the best and most innovative work that leads the industry, so it is critical that we involve jury chairs and members who know the new dynamics of the marketplace and understand how awards judging criteria must evolve in order to remain relevant," commented Ami Brophy, executive director, Clio Awards.
"These 2007 Executive Jury Chairs are perfectly suited for the challenge because they are industry leaders whose highly awarded work is recognised to be at the vanguard of their respective fields."
The other 2007 Executive Jury Chairs are:
- Content & Contact - Andrew Keller, vice president/creative director, Crispin Porter + Bogusky, Miami, FL, and Boulder, CO, USA.
- Television/Cinema - John Hegarty, chairman & worldwide creative director, Bartle Bogle Hegarty, London, UK.
- Print/Poster/Innovative/Integrated - Craig Davis, chief creative officer worldwide, JWT, London, UK.
- Interactive - Mauricio Mazzariol, interactive creative director, DDB Brazil, Sao Paulo, Brazil.
- Radio - Mark Gross, senior vice president/group creative director, DDB Worldwide, Chicago, IL, USA.
- Television/Cinema Technique - Daniel Kleinman, director, Rattling Stick Productions, London, UK.
Call to entries
Tthe online entry system for the 2007 awards program opened to accept submissions on 1 November at www.clioentries.com
. Awards will be announced and presented at the Clio Festival, 9 - 12 May, 2007, in Miami's South Beach, Florida.
One highlight of the annual Clio Awards and Festival is the Content & Contact (C&C) category, which recognises breakout work at the crossroads of creative and media. Established four years ago as the industry's first awards category to address this rapidly-changing new ad environment, the C&C category examines advertising that engages in open, co-created conversations with today's empowered consumers and uses new ways to entertain and inform.
These executions reach well beyond TV and print ads to embrace an array of new contact points, including but not limited to, gaming, branded entertainment, advertiser-commissioned consumer generated content and mobile marketing. The C&C jury, to be announced shortly, will consist of leading practitioners from the fields of both media and creative.
Deadline for entry submissions is as follows:
- 15 January 2007 - Entries first appearing between 1 January 2006 and 31 December 2006, all mediums except Content & Contact, Design, Interactive, Television: Technique and Student entries.
- 1 February 2007 - Final deadline, entries first appearing between 1 January 2006, and 1 February 2007 for Content & Contact, Design, Interactive, Television: Technique and Student Interactive.
- 1 March 2007 - Final deadline, entries appearing during the first quarter of 2007 (1 January 2007 -31 March 2007). All mediums except Content & Contact, Interactive, Television Technique and Student Interactive. Final deadline for all Student Television, Print Poster, Billboard, Design, Innovative and Integrated entries.
Founded in 1959 to celebrate creative excellence and innovation in advertising and design, the Clios inspire and pay tribute to one of the most interesting and influential art forms in popular culture. Known for its world-class juries made up of more than 135 experts from 40 countries, the Clio Awards focus on creative work in the fields of advertising and design, specifically in the areas of TV, Print, Outdoor, Radio, Content & Contact, Integrated Campaign, Innovative Media, Interactive, Design and student work. The Clios also serve the global design and advertising communities through its annual conference, festival, publication, newsletter and screenings of winning work.
For additional information, please visit www.clioawards.com