Marketing & Media trends
- Tech democratisation will set the tone for 2021Andrew Smit and Johan Walters
- 3 major trends in the commercial property space in AfricaPeter Hodgkinson
- A bright horizon for South Africa's energy landscapeBarry Bredenkamp
- Achieving developmental goals through constructionCyril Vuyani Gamede
- Time for NPOs to show their real impactKeri-Leigh Paschal
- 5 sustainability trends that will shape business in 2021Christelle Marais
- 4 trends set to continue or be re-interpreted in the NGO sectorInnocent Masayira
- Strengthening NPO skills and processesNazeema Mohamed, Feryal Domingo and Soraya Joonas
- Sustainability is key for social investment in 2021Keri-Leigh Paschal
- 4 trends in employee skills development and training you need to know for 2021Siphelele Kubheka and Desikan Naidoo
- Digital solutions need small steps to succeedXanthe Adams
- Mining looks ahead to more Covid riskRalf Hennecke
- Mining's year ahead will demand deep innovationFrederick Cawood
- 10 predictions around fintechDominique Collett
- The 4 themes for the new yearAndrew Duvenage,
- 3 wealth management trends to watch in 2021Maarten Ackerman
- 4 strategies to rethink investing in SMEsKuhle Mnisi
- Microinsurance ready to reach new heightsMarius Botha
- Finding alpha in the age of Covid-19Nema Ramkhelawan-Bhana
- Purpose or profit. It's not a choiceMike Middleton
- Shifting towards a digital - but still human - approachHenry van Deventer
- Healthcare innovation in 2021 and beyondReynhardt Uys
- Are day hospitals the new trend?Lee Callakoppen
- 3 emerging medical scheme membership patternsNerine Brink
- Healthcare innovations to look out forMoshe Lichtenstein
- 4 areas in which your business can practice its swivelFrancois Kriel
- 5G is coming. Here's what it could mean for SASamantha Naidoo
- 3 big issues demanding legal attention this yearJonathan Veeran, Nozipho Mngomezulu and Burton Phillips
- 3 new trends to anticipate in arts and cultureRucera Seethal
- Wine in the wake of coronaKristen Duff and Gosia Young
- 7 prospects and necessary shifts for the artsRucera Seethal
- Auction industry survival depends on going virtualJoff van Reenen
- Covid-19 drives new trends in local property marketMarcél du Toit
- A bold year for beveragesAlex Glenday
- Acceleration of digital paymentsJonathan Smit
- Safety vs sustainability - the packaging industry's key conundrumNthabiseng Motsoeneng
- The evolving e-tail landscapeVilo Trska
Social share of voice has become an extremely popular measure of how much potential market share a brand has. Based on brand mentions, it gives you an accurate view of how many conversations people are having about a brand. It's simple and it's...
Craig Hannabus 11 Jan 2021
Francois van Dyk, head of operations at brand intelligence research company Ornico, tells us what he thinks communicators need to keep in mind for the coming year...
Francois van Dyk 6 Jan 2021
The Covid-19 pandemic has accelerated a process of mergers in our industry...
César Vacchiano 6 Jan 2021
Looking at corporate reputation management in 2020, one of the biggest challenges we are going to face is the full integration of reputation across the entire value chain...
Daniel Munslow 31 Jan 2020
The growth of mass market digital content. That's the biggest shape-shifting, game-changing trend I am seeing...
Zibusiso Mkhwanazi 28 Jan 2020
With the greatest anticipation that the African marketing and communication industry will thrive and strengthen in the foreseeable future, it is important to note that the way we as South Africa and the greater continent consumes media will determine...
Gee Motsepe 21 Jan 2020
There are three distinct areas that will to some extent continue shaping and moulding our profession and the broader marketing and communications industry in 2020 and beyond...
Mathe Okaba 10 Jan 2020
When social media appeared in the 2000s it saw the emergence of a whole new digital industry. Many believe that the public relations industry was caught unawares and that they struggled to catch up with the initial opportunities. It is now critical...
Francois van Dyk 10 Jan 2020
As a businessowner whose company vision is to be Africa's reputation research company of choice to build sustainable businesses, it is important to be up to date with what is happening on our continent. Trade is booming across Africa...
Regine le Roux 6 Jan 2020
By the end of 2019, the rising anger around the globe was palpable, as were the divisions that fuelled the rage...
Dion Chang 6 Jan 2020
The public relations industry has recently seen many challenges. From the rise of "digital PR", social media and fake news, most would agree that the industry needs to rethink many of the basics on which it has always operated...
Francois van Dyk 25 Jan 2019
This year is going to continue to be a tough journey for all businesses as they grapple for market share and growth during a difficult economy...
Janine Lloyd 15 Jan 2018