Marketing & Media trends
Marketing & Media trends
- Tech democratisation will set the tone for 2021Andrew Smit and Johan Walters
Construction & Engineering trends
- 3 major trends in the commercial property space in AfricaPeter Hodgkinson
- A bright horizon for South Africa's energy landscapeBarry Bredenkamp
- Achieving developmental goals through constructionCyril Vuyani Gamede
CSI & Sustainability trends
- Time for NPOs to show their real impactKeri-Leigh Paschal
- 5 sustainability trends that will shape business in 2021Christelle Marais
- 4 trends set to continue or be re-interpreted in the NGO sectorInnocent Masayira
- Strengthening NPO skills and processesNazeema Mohamed, Feryal Domingo and Soraya Joonas
- Sustainability is key for social investment in 2021Keri-Leigh Paschal
- 4 trends in employee skills development and training you need to know for 2021Siphelele Kubheka and Desikan Naidoo
Energy & Mining trends
- 10 predictions around fintechDominique Collett
- The 4 themes for the new yearAndrew Duvenage,
- 3 wealth management trends to watch in 2021Maarten Ackerman
- 4 strategies to rethink investing in SMEsKuhle Mnisi
- Microinsurance ready to reach new heightsMarius Botha
- Finding alpha in the age of Covid-19Nema Ramkhelawan-Bhana
- Purpose or profit. It's not a choiceMike Middleton
- Shifting towards a digital - but still human - approachHenry van Deventer
HR & Management trends
- 4 areas in which your business can practice its swivelFrancois Kriel
- 5G is coming. Here's what it could mean for SASamantha Naidoo
- 3 big issues demanding legal attention this yearJonathan Veeran, Nozipho Mngomezulu and Burton Phillips
Logistics & Transport trends
- Auction industry survival depends on going virtualJoff van Reenen
- Covid-19 drives new trends in local property marketMarcél du Toit
- A bold year for beveragesAlex Glenday
- Acceleration of digital paymentsJonathan Smit
- Safety vs sustainability - the packaging industry's key conundrumNthabiseng Motsoeneng
- The evolving e-tail landscapeVilo Trska
In advance to Bizcommunity's forthcoming BizTrends2021 event, Jessica Tennant, Bizcommunity's senior editor for Marketing & Media, finds out more about the elusive Dion Chang, founder of Flux Trends...
Jessica Tennant 11 Jan 2021
Social share of voice has become an extremely popular measure of how much potential market share a brand has. Based on brand mentions, it gives you an accurate view of how many conversations people are having about a brand. It's simple and it's...
Craig Hannabus 11 Jan 2021
2020 was the year never to be repeated. Or was it? GetSmarter surveyed the future of work, and the unfortunate refrain that keeps repeating is that in 2021 we can expect more of the same...
Ann-Mari Höfinger 6 Jan 2021
It is estimated that nearly two-thirds of children who started school in 2016 will go on to have jobs that don't exist yet. How do we prepare this new generation for the business of the future, while at the same time retrain hundreds of millions of...
Glen Meier 6 Jan 2021
Due to the cumulative economic effects of the last few years, our clients' businesses are facing significant economic pressure, which, as we all know, has been drastically accelerated and compounded by the Covid-19 pandemic...
Joey Khuvutlu 6 Jan 2021
Whenever it comes to discussions around digital media, I sometimes feel like I'm coming across as a bit of a Luddite. So, it's important to state at the outset that I think technology plays a significant role in advertising media and it has the...
Brett Morris 6 Jan 2021
Nobody saw our current 2020 reality coming and every trend that was predicted for 2020 was pretty much thrown out of the window on 27 March when our country went into lockdown...
Richard Lord 6 Jan 2021
Recognising changing behaviours and understanding your consumer's lifestyles and attitudes demanding adaption to forward-thinking and emotional intelligence needs to guide your future strategies and developments...
Nicola Cooper 6 Jan 2021
While Covid-19 has had a significant impact on many industries, musicians were one of the first casualties, as live performances - which represent the biggest and most sustainable income generator for many musicians - came to a complete halt...
Lindani Ntsibande 6 Jan 2021
Francois van Dyk, head of operations at brand intelligence research company Ornico, tells us what he thinks communicators need to keep in mind for the coming year...
Francois van Dyk 6 Jan 2021
With no gigs, concerts or tours for most of 2020, creatives have had to find another way to engage their audience and inevitably this has meant digital content creation. 2021 is the year we're going to see a considerable shift in creators becoming...
Siya Metane 6 Jan 2021
Some of the trends that we see garnering attention and resources in 2021 have been gaining increasing share of attention for a while. These are big-ticket items, culture and DNA change projects that take years to get right, only for them to arrive in...
Styli Charalambous 6 Jan 2021
Google has revealed the results of its 2020 Year in Search, sharing what the world and South Africans searched for, asked about, looked for, ate and dreamt of exploring in 2020...