Marketing & Media trends
- Telkom has announced that its CEO and executive director Sipho Maseko will step down on 30 June 2022. The telecoms company said the process to appoint a successor is well underway and a designated group CEO will be announced in the not too distant future.
- It is possible that cooking oil prevented more looting in South Africa in the last week than the president, the ANC, the intelligence community, the army and the police combined. This, without question, says something about the versatility of the product. It says even more about the state of the state. When you are shown up by canola, you might want to revisit your strategy. Howard Feldman
- Performance Media across Search, Social and Programmatic platforms is the single fastest growing area of digital media in South Africa. Combine that with the detailed analysis of campaign management, tagging and ad operations, and it becomes apparent that these highly specialist functions require a highly specialised unit.
- The Transnet Port Terminals website has been hacked, implying that all companies under Transnet have been affected. All Transnet websites were down at the time when reporting was done for this SA Trucker article. The publication cited sources who requested to remain anonymous because they are not allowed to speak to the media.
- Few food brands have the historical connection with consumers around the world as Kellogg's does, having held meaning at the breakfast table for over a century. Lauren Hartzenberg
- The Covid-19 pandemic has hit South Africa's small business sector hard and there are grim statistics to bear this out. Those statistics will not be repeated here. After all, if you are a small business owner setting out on the road to recovery, the last thing you probably want is more details of the toll the pandemic has taken on small enterprises. Far more useful would be some good, solid tips on how to build back better after any business setbacks. Ameen Hassen
What a year 2020 has been! So, we've curated the year's most popular articles, most-read contributors and brand press offices with the most views on Bizcommunity's Energy & Mining platform into our #BestofBiz2020 list...
Africa holds around 7% of the world's proven crude oil and natural gas reserves, yet the continent remains largely under-explored...
NJ Ayuk 6 Jan 2020
New expectations of transparency and authenticity in business means things like organisational purpose, brand stories, how your company does things, what it believes in and what it stands for, can all play a part in how your company sees itself and how it is seen by others...
Bizcommunity.com 2 Oct 2019
Since 2001, Bizcommunity anticipated the role of company culture as intellectual capital. Biz Press Offices are a "glass box" game changer, offering a window into 18 industry communities...
Bizcommunity.com 23 Jul 2019
Experts provide insight in to the emerging trends in African energy and infrastructure projects.
If there's one thing Africa isn't short of it is sunshine. So, it's hardly surprising that solar is making a major impact on increasing the number of people on the continent who have access to power...