Marketing & Media trends
- Adidas Originals and the Lego Group have collaborated yet again, and are presenting a new take on the classic Superstar silhouette. Launching alongside the playful Adidas Originals Lego Superstar sneaker is a buildable Superstar Lego brick model.
- According to a recent survey, only 22% of South African businesses are aware of privacy laws governing their marketing activities, despite the Protection of Personal Information Act (PoPIA) set to take effect on 1 July 2021.
- "As a young, Black female, I believe it's not only important to service clients but also to open up the digital floor to much needed conversations so that the campaigns we work on bring about real change," says Nombulelo Malinga, founder and director of Zizi Digital, which specialises in social media marketing and offers 360 digital consulting service. Evan-Lee Courie
- What does the future hold for women of colour in the advertising industry?
- New commercial station Hot 102.7FM announces on-air lineup from 1 July 2021
- The fine art of building a brand for modern traditionalists
- Adidas shares glimpse of immersive new Sandton flagship
- #YouthMatters: Alex Krause's strategy to be successful
- PoPIA and social media posts
- South African Social Media Landscape Report 2021 event launch
HR & Management trends
Construction & Engineering trends
CSI & Sustainability trends
- Christelle Marais
- Innocent Masayira
- Nazeema Mohamed, Feryal Domingo and Soraya Joonas
- Keri-Leigh Paschal
- Siphelele Kubheka and Desikan Naidoo
Energy & Mining trends
- Dominique Collett
- Andrew Duvenage,
- Maarten Ackerman
- Kuhle Mnisi
- Marius Botha
- Nema Ramkhelawan-Bhana
- Mike Middleton
- Henry van Deventer
- Samantha Naidoo
- Jonathan Veeran, Nozipho Mngomezulu and Burton Phillips
Logistics & Transport trends
Marketing & Media trends
- Andrew Smit and Johan Walters
- Joff van Reenen
- Marcél du Toit
- Alex Glenday
- Jonathan Smit
- Nthabiseng Motsoeneng
- Vilo Trska
The prospect of early Covid-19 vaccination is particularly attractive. However, the subject of compulsory vaccinations is argumentative and there are significant legal and moral facets that must be considered...
The results of Microsoft's first-annual Work Trend Index, The Next Great Disruption is Hybrid Work - Are We Ready?, has revealed seven hybrid work trends...
In this second of a two-part series, Chris Blair, CEO of 21st Century, shares his thoughts about how remuneration committees should approach their executives' remuneration in the evolving landscape...
Chris Blair 26 Mar 2021
Mercer's Global Talent Trends 2020-2021 report has revealed four trends that will assist companies during the post-pandemic recovery...
Shan Radcliffe 8 Mar 2021
According to Boniswa Pezisa, the youngest generation currently joining the workforce - Gen Z - should be made a part of the decision-making process...
Shan Radcliffe 1 Feb 2021
2020 has shown us so many real qualities about leadership. The one that will be most prominent in 2021 and beyond will be the role of the 'adaptive leader'...
Anja van Beek 25 Jan 2021
Everything changed in 2020. Seemingly overnight, companies were forced to abandon their offices, and their staff had to adapt to the challenges of working from home. More unfortunate were those whose jobs were wiped out as their companies downsized or shut down entirely...
Siphelele Kubheka and Desikan Naidoo 19 Jan 2021
Businesses around the globe have spent the better part of 2020 adjusting to the new reality of remote working. With workplace regulations also becoming stricter, buzzy office spaces might soon become part of a pre-Covid era...
Andrew Bourne 15 Jan 2021
When reflecting on the fourth industrial revolution, a number of things immediately spring to mind - for example, IoT, AI, and robots. Regrettably, little attention is given to individual employees and workers in this emerging industrial world, unless one is discussing the concerns related to potential job losses...
Lyndy van den Barselaar 14 Jan 2021
Most workers are looking forward to returning to the office, post-pandemic, with many saying they'd prefer to spend the majority of their work-week there to meet face-to-face, socialise, brainstorm, and connect with each other again...
The Covid-19 pandemic forced organisations to make a rapid shift to remote work and online project management. Project managers and teams suddenly have an even greater responsibility to communicate and collaborate effectively. According to a recent survey by PwC, this trend is set to continue. But what else can project managers expect in the new year...?
Alison Fergus 13 Jan 2021
The speed with which the C-suite was tasked with managing monumental change as the Covid-19 pandemic took hold is unprecedented. However, one thing is becoming clear: no "new normal" is possible without robust new communication skills...
Annelize van Rensburg 12 Jan 2021
Putting the brakes on business travel and physical offices due to tech transformation...
Johan Botes 11 Jan 2021
The economist John Maynard Keynes predicted in 1930 that the amount we work would gradually shrink to as little as 15 hours a week as technology made us more productive...
Dave Cook 7 Jan 2021