Business of Design, the two-day conference held in both Joburg and Cape Town, will return in August with more lessons and inspiration from the country's top business experts and industry professionals...
Business of Design welcomes an all-new lineup of speakers who aim to guide delegates in ways to work smarter, offering tools for growth and insights into the latest industry trends and brand movements. Topics cover a diverse range of interests that are relevant to various sectors of industry – from real-life social media case studies and top tips when preparing for international trade shows, to ways to use design thinking to affect change, and insider strategies for brand activations.
“What started off as a conference for design businesses, has grown to welcome delegates from marketing, architecture, retail, advertising and even financial backgrounds,” said Business of Design co-founder Laurence Brick, MD of Platform Creative Agency and creative director of 100% Design South Africa. “It’s become a must-attend event for anyone wanting to progress in their business, think differently about the way they work, and network with industry peers on a level they would not normally be afforded the opportunity to do.”
2016 speakers include (see the Business of Design website for each city’s speakers):
- Robbie Brozin and Tracy Lynch/Nando’s: The Designer Link;
- Stefan Antoni/SAOTA, ARRCC, OKHA Interiors: Local Goes Global;
- Luke Dale-Roberts/The Test Kitchen, Pot Luck Club: Staying At The Forefront;
- Ian Fuhr/Sorbet Group: Building Brand Loyalty:
- Emilie Gambade/Elle: The Rise Of African Fashion;
- Mike Abel and Robert Grace/M&C Saatchi Abel: The Power Of The Idea;
- Trevyn McGowan/Source, Southern Guild, Guild: Working The Business Of Design;
- Heather Moore/Skinny laMinx: Social Media Case Study;
- Sean Mahoney/StudioMAS: Designing For The Environment;
- Andile Dyalvane/Imiso Ceramics: Becoming An Icon;
- Andrea Kleinloog/Anatomy Design: Partnerships: Finding The Right Fit;
- Conn Bertish/Cancer Dojo: Using Design Thinking To Affect Change;
- Cathy O’Clery/Platform Creative Agency, 100% Design South Africa: State Of The Nations: Africa’s Design Pull;
- Eitan Stern/Legalese: The Changing Nature Of Business Relationships;
- Kate Schrire/The Creamery: The Neighbourhood Success Story;
- Paul Ballen/Paul’s Homemade Ice-Cream: Keys to Success: A Story Of Authenticity;
- Paul Dalton/Leapfrog Projects: Business Strategy: A Process Of Design;
- Anthea Poulos, Andrew Berry, Nicholas Christowitz and Katlego Maponyane/The Bread Case Study: Activating Your Brand;
- Rex Bowden/Catalyze: International Trade Shows: The Prep Work; and
- Trevor Wolfe/delvv.io: Feedback 2.0 – Redefining the Creative Review Process and its Impact on Creative Output.
*More speakers to be announced.
The conference takes place in Johannesburg on 17 and 18 August at The Forum in Bryanston, followed by Cape Town on 23 and 24 August at Inner City Ideas Cartel, 71 Waterkant Street.
For more information, go to www.businessofdesign.co.za.