Clockwork brings home 9 Cannes Lions for Xbox with McCann collab campaign
In partnership with McCann UK, Clockwork was responsible for the digital production on the campaign that saw Xbox showcasing whole new worlds – away from traditional gaming and into a world of global travel and tourism exploration.
In a groundbreaking partnership with travel experts Rough Guide, the games were built around actual worldwide destinations with full tours of locations, setting choices, comprehensive writing and research, information holiday packages and so much more.
The concept of ‘gaming tourism’ allows the public to explore the world through the eyes of one of the most detailed and up-to-date travel information guides and ‘not to play, but to visit’.
Reaching brand new audiences that didn’t want the heroes, guns and combat of gaming, the Visit Xbox - The Birth Of Gaming Tourism initiative opened up a brand new dimension to the gaming platform.
Digital director of Clockwork is thrilled at the recognition for his team: “I am over the moon that the team gets rewarded for their mind-blowing talent and enthusiasm.”
Visit XBox – The Birth Of Gaming Tourism, as a concept, is testament to the platform's innovation and diversity, reaffirming why it’s one of the leading gaming consoles in the world.
- Bizcommunity search: Cannes Lions content in Biz
- Google news search: Cannes Lions on Google News
- Twitter search: Cannes Lions Twitter search
- Official site: http://www.canneslions.com, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram
- More info: Cannes Lions special section
- Looking beyond ChatGPT: The introduction of artificial resources28 Mar 11:00
- Clockwork announced as Canon's digital and PR agency of record16 Feb 11:23
- Marketing strategy: Why bother?06 Feb 12:35
- War of the words: Is a robot a better writer than a human?16 Jan 09:26
- Clockwork Empowerment Fund: Bursary applications are now open for 202310 Jan 11:01