Marketing & Media trends
- Adidas Originals and the Lego Group have collaborated yet again, and are presenting a new take on the classic Superstar silhouette. Launching alongside the playful Adidas Originals Lego Superstar sneaker is a buildable Superstar Lego brick model.
- According to a recent survey, only 22% of South African businesses are aware of privacy laws governing their marketing activities, despite the Protection of Personal Information Act (PoPIA) set to take effect on 1 July 2021.
- "As a young, Black female, I believe it's not only important to service clients but also to open up the digital floor to much needed conversations so that the campaigns we work on bring about real change," says Nombulelo Malinga, founder and director of Zizi Digital, which specialises in social media marketing and offers 360 digital consulting service. Evan-Lee Courie
- What does the future hold for women of colour in the advertising industry?
- New commercial station Hot 102.7FM announces on-air lineup from 1 July 2021
- The fine art of building a brand for modern traditionalists
- Adidas shares glimpse of immersive new Sandton flagship
- #YouthMatters: Alex Krause's strategy to be successful
- PoPIA and social media posts
- South African Social Media Landscape Report 2021 event launch
- Samantha Naidoo
Construction & Engineering trends
CSI & Sustainability trends
- Christelle Marais
- Innocent Masayira
- Nazeema Mohamed, Feryal Domingo and Soraya Joonas
- Keri-Leigh Paschal
- Siphelele Kubheka and Desikan Naidoo
Energy & Mining trends
- Dominique Collett
- Andrew Duvenage,
- Maarten Ackerman
- Kuhle Mnisi
- Marius Botha
- Nema Ramkhelawan-Bhana
- Mike Middleton
- Henry van Deventer
HR & Management trends
- Jonathan Veeran, Nozipho Mngomezulu and Burton Phillips
Logistics & Transport trends
Marketing & Media trends
- Andrew Smit and Johan Walters
- Joff van Reenen
- Marcél du Toit
- Alex Glenday
- Jonathan Smit
- Nthabiseng Motsoeneng
- Vilo Trska
The pandemic-driven acceleration of digital adoption and the resulting new agile ways of operating could unlock $5.4trn in profitable growth if applied broadly...
Musa Kalenga, CEO and founder of Bridge Labs, delivered a keynote talk at the #BizTrends2021 live virtual event held on 28 January. In his talk, Kalenga discussed creating new ways to adapt to our new days...
Imran Salie 2 Feb 2021
Dion Chang, one of South Africa's most respected trend analysts, kicked off BizTrends2021 - Towards New North and New Narratives...
Evan-Lee Courie 28 Jan 2021
Musa Kalenga was one of eight speakers at the BizTrends2021 online event "Towards New Norths & New Narratives" on Thursday, 28 January 2021...
Evan-Lee Courie 26 Jan 2021
The rollout of 5G in South Africa's urban centres is likely to be one of the most significant technology events of 2021...
Samantha Naidoo 21 Jan 2021
When reflecting on the fourth industrial revolution, a number of things immediately spring to mind - for example, IoT, AI, and robots. Regrettably, little attention is given to individual employees and workers in this emerging industrial world, unless one is discussing the concerns related to potential job losses...
Lyndy van den Barselaar 14 Jan 2021
Artificial Intelligence (AI) is gaining notable momentum across a number of industries. In the past year, we saw rapid digital transformation spurred by Covid-19, with new technologies being adopted almost overnight...
Dries Cronje 13 Jan 2021
A recent SAP Concur survey conducted by BrandConnect, a commercial arm of The Economist Group, found that 84% of executives agree that the full impact of the Covid-19 outbreak may not be truly known for years to come...
What a difference a year makes. Twelve months ago, most technology forecasts centred around the 4th Industrial Revolution and the need for businesses to use the newest technologies to stay competitive. This is still true a year later, but Covid-19 has changed the direction of travel...
Esti Kilian 6 Jan 2021
If 2020 has shown us anything, it's that change and disruption are a constant. The effects of the global coronavirus pandemic led to unprecedented shifts in the way we live, work, learn and transact - with a widespread move online and digital platforms...
Michelle Wynne 6 Jan 2021
The year 2020 has been one of the most challenging years in recent memory, both in terms of the effects of the coronavirus pandemic on societies and economies around the world, and the impact of a dramatic rise in cybercrime...
Brian Pinnock 6 Jan 2021
The digital acceleration of the last two years, but most especially during 2020, has placed a growing focus on digital marketing delivery...
Niamh NicLiam 6 Jan 2021
If Covid-19 was the villain of 2020, then digital was the hero. As in-store transactions plummeted, e-commerce rushed in to pick up the slack. Rapid digitalisation saw smaller companies suddenly able to compete directly with our large enterprises...
Andrew Smit and Johan Walters 6 Jan 2021