Marketing & Media trends
- InnoHealth, a Cape Town-based healthtech startup, recently announced that it has secured an undisclosed seven-figure investment from a Hong Kong-based VC. Johannes Masiteng
- The winners of the 11th edition of The Radio Awards were announced on today, Friday 30 July 2021, in an online awards ceremony hosted by comedian Loyiso Madinga. A total of 80 winners were celebrated across 30 categories.
- Volkswagen South Africa and Ogilvy Cape Town have recently released, "The Power of Vrrrpha", a cinematic campaign to introduce VW's iconic new GTI. Ogilvy South Africa
- Construction on The Capital Mbombela's R205m project, set to be a game-changer on the city's hotel and accommodation industries, is well underway with an anticipated hotel opening set for November 2021.
"The city hasn't seen any significant new additions to its hotel repertoire since development ahead of the 2010 FIFA World Cup projects," says Marc Wachsberger, managing director of The Capital Hotels and Apartments.
"Its status as a leading city in Mpumalanga, at the heart of the province's tourism and agriculture sectors, means that the time is perfect to build an exciting new offering that will be appealing to tourists and corporates alike."
- According to a new NielsenIQ report, South Africa's latest liquor ban equated to a loss of R7,6bn during the four weeks it lasted (based on average sales - 13 weeks to end of May 2021 of R1,9bn per week).
The ongoing Covid-19 pandemic has seen three major trends emerge as drivers of investment in Africa's commercial property space...
Peter Hodgkinson 22 Jul 2021
New expectations of transparency and authenticity in business means things like organisational purpose, brand stories, how your company does things, what it believes in and what it stands for, can all play a part in how your company sees itself and how it is seen by others...
Bizcommunity.com 2 Oct 2019
Since 2001, Bizcommunity anticipated the role of company culture as intellectual capital. Biz Press Offices are a "glass box" game changer, offering a window into 18 industry communities...
Bizcommunity.com 23 Jul 2019
Experts provide insight in to the emerging trends in African energy and infrastructure projects.
Urbanisation continues to be one of the most powerful megatrends reshaping our world. It is a shift that is creating countless problems, but even more opportunities...
Elaine Jack 7 Jan 2019
2019 seems to be the year of an 'opening up' of Africa, whether it be opening trade borders or opening key infrastructure projects...
Lesley Squires 7 Jan 2019
According to the latest United Nations Economic Commission for Africa report, Africa is the fastest urbanising region after Asia. The report also highlights that despite the current slowdown in many African economies...
Alison Groves 8 Jan 2018