- InnoHealth, a Cape Town-based healthtech startup, recently announced that it has secured an undisclosed seven-figure investment from a Hong Kong-based VC. Johannes Masiteng
- The winners of the 11th edition of The Radio Awards were announced on today, Friday 30 July 2021, in an online awards ceremony hosted by comedian Loyiso Madinga. A total of 80 winners were celebrated across 30 categories.
- Volkswagen South Africa and Ogilvy Cape Town have recently released, "The Power of Vrrrpha", a cinematic campaign to introduce VW's iconic new GTI. Ogilvy South Africa
- Construction on The Capital Mbombela's R205m project, set to be a game-changer on the city's hotel and accommodation industries, is well underway with an anticipated hotel opening set for November 2021.
"The city hasn't seen any significant new additions to its hotel repertoire since development ahead of the 2010 FIFA World Cup projects," says Marc Wachsberger, managing director of The Capital Hotels and Apartments.
"Its status as a leading city in Mpumalanga, at the heart of the province's tourism and agriculture sectors, means that the time is perfect to build an exciting new offering that will be appealing to tourists and corporates alike."
- According to a new NielsenIQ report, South Africa's latest liquor ban equated to a loss of R7,6bn during the four weeks it lasted (based on average sales - 13 weeks to end of May 2021 of R1,9bn per week).
Pardon Makumbe, co-founder and managing partner of CRE Venture Capital, chats about the challenges of raising capital in Africa and shares advice on crossing the bridge to the US...
Evan-Lee Courie 18 May 2021
It's a well-known fact that the youth are the primary consumers of technology. A fact that puts Africa, with its literally hundreds of millions of young people, firmly on the map as a significant global launchpad for technology startups.
Kashira Naidoo & Zach George 26 Jun 2020