Morningstar Research has announced the winners of its 2015 South Africa Fund Awards at a gala dinner which was held on 4 March at The Table Bay Hotel, V&A Waterfront in Cape Town.
Morningstar annually recognises unit trusts that have delivered excellent risk-adjusted returns for investors. The Morningstar Awards are designed to help investors identify the country's most exceptional funds and fund managers for the previous year.
"This is the sixth year we have awarded fund and fund groups in South Africa for adding the most value for investors," Tal Nieburg, managing director for Morningstar in South Africa, said. "As part of our mission to help investors reach their financial goals, we recognise the fund options that have excelled in delivering outstanding risk-adjusted outcomes in their categories, and the fund houses that have achieved impressive returns for their investors."
The winners for the 2015 Morningstar South Africa Fund Awards are:
- Best Aggressive Allocation Fund - Nedgroup Investments Core Diversified
- Best Cautious Allocation Fund - Prudential Inflation Plus
- Best Diversified Bond Fund - ABSA Multi-Managed Bond
- Best Flexible Allocation Fund - Centaur BCI Flexible
- Best Global Bond Fund - STANLIB Global Bond Feeder Fund
- Best Global Equity Fund - Old Mutual Global Equity
- Best Indirect Property Fund - ABSA Property Equity
- Best Moderate Allocation Fund - 27four Balanced Prescient Fund of Funds
- Best Regional Offshore Equity Fund - db x-trackers MSCI USA
- Best Sector Equity - Coronation Industrial
- Best Short-Term Bond Fund - Coronation Strategic Income
- Best South Africa Equity Fund - Harvard House BCI Equity
- Best South Africa Small-Cap Equity Fund - Nedgroup Investments Entrepreneur
- Best Fund House: Larger Fund Range - Coronation Fund Managers
- Best Fund House: Smaller Fund Range - Foord Asset Management