South Africa's newest music festival, Bokjol, will launch from 23 to 25 September, 2016, at the Magalies Retreat, 45 minutes from Joburg and Pretoria. It promises three crazy days of lekker local music, beer, braai and bacuzzis.
Bokjol will be no dop en tjop affair, it's bringing out the big guns in a celebration of all the things that make us South African: our music, our food, our culture, our language and our heritage.
Bokjol will host a mix of proudly South African artists. The line-up already includes over 30 artists, bands and DJs who will play across three stages ranging from rock, dance and electronic music (and a few in-between).
• Jack Parow
• Francois van Coke
• Springbok Nude Girls
• Arno Carstens
• Bok van Blerk
• Elvis Blue
• Die Heuwels Fantastie
• Prime Circle
• Desmond and the Tutus
• Kurt Darren
• Dr Victor and the Rasta Rebels
• Koos Kombuis
• Chris Chameleon
• Al Bairre
• The Kiffness
• Grassy Spark
Many many more are still to be announced.
Apart from the line-up and non-stop music, Bokjollers can look forward to an array of local festival activities:
- Bars and craft food stalls around the festival grounds serving both conventional and traditional foods
- Dedicated braai areas with braai packs on sale
- A massive Bakuzzi park (bring your bakkies)
- Camping and caravan areas, along with other accommodation options
- Nighttime bonfires for you to kuier rond
- Plenty of safe and secure parking
What’s more, award-winning comedian Schalk Bezuidenhout will MC Bokjol.
Bokjol accommodation includes your weekend pass and packages start from R649 (for three days).
Accommodation options include (prices are per person for two nights):
- Camping for tents/caravans/camper vans and bakkies: R649;
- Camping area for tents only: R649
- Private camp site: R699
- Backpackers: R749
- Tented camp: R998
- Apartments: R1199
- Chalets and Cottages: R1399
To book your tickets and accommodation packages and get more Bokjol info, go to www.Bokjol.co.za