One Show Awards
Young Guns 16 winners announced
Marco Prestini from Italy is one of the Young Guns 16. © One Club website.
Entries were received from 38 countries and judged by 61 top creatives from around the world, about half of whom are past Young Guns winners. This year’s winners will be celebrated at the Young Guns 16 awards ceremony and party on 15 November 2018 at the Highline Ballroom in New York.
Young Guns 16 winners, with their current location and place of origin if different, are:
- Sasha Arutyunova, photographer, Brooklyn, NY, USA (originally from Moscow, Russia)
- Calmatic, filmmaker, Los Angeles, CA, USA
- Neels Castillon, film director, Paris, France
- Nadia Lee Cohen, photographer, director, Los Angeles, CA, USA
- Tyler Comrie, graphic designer, Brooklyn, NY, USA
- Mary Dauterman, multidisciplinary artist, director, Brooklyn, NY, USA
- Sally Deng, illustrator, Los Angeles, CA, USA
- Ben Denzer, artist, designer, publisher, New York, NY, USA
- Michael Fohring, architectural designer, Toronto, ON, Canada
- Sophie Koko Gate, animation director, London, UK
- Max Guther, illustrator, Berlin, Germany
- Satoshi Kohno, art director, Tokyo, Japan
- Brook Linder, director, Los Angeles, CA, USA
- Jonas Lindstroem, photographer, director, Berlin, Germany
- Nick Little, illustrator, Brooklyn, NY, USA
- Mathery, directors, photographers, spatial designers, Brooklyn, NY, USA (originally from Italy)
- Kelsey McClellan, photographer, San Francisco, CA, USA
- Tal Midyan, art director-designer, Brooklyn, NY, USA (originally from Tel Aviv, Israel)
- Ilya Milstein, illustrator, New York, NY, USA (originally from Melbourne, Australia)
- Mau Morgo, director, artist, Barcelona, Spain
- Thomas Harnett O’Meara, filmmaker, London, UK
- Victo Ngai, illustrator, Los Angeles, CA, USA (originally from Hong Kong)
- Zebedee Pedersen, creative technologist, London, UK
- Joel Plosz, illustrator, Brooklyn, NY, USA (originally from Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan, Canada)
- Marco Prestini, music video and commercial director, Milan, Italy and Los Angeles, CA, USA
- Noa Raviv, fashion designer, artist, Queens, NY, USA (originally from Tel Aviv, Israel)
- Charlotte Regan, film director, London, UK
- A.V. Rockwell, filmmaker, New York, NY, USA
- Jiaxi Yand and Zhe Zhu, photography, New York, NY, USA (originally from Shanghai, China)
- Egle Zvirblyte, illustrator, London, UK
Information about each Young Guns 16 winner, with examples of their work and links to personal websites, is available here.
All Young Guns 16 winners receive a unique version of the iconic Young Guns Cube, designed exclusively for this year’s incoming class, and have their permanent profile page added to the Young Guns website. Winners also receive a complimentary one-year membership to The One Club for Creativity, permanent membership in Young Guns network, a chance to be featured in Young Guns events and an assortment of career-boosting opportunities from Young Guns sponsors.
Young Guns 16 Awards ceremony and party
The Young Guns 16 awards ceremony and party will be hosted by Gemma O’Brien, acclaimed Australian artist and designer specialising in lettering, typography and illustration and Young Guns 13 winner. Tickets are available [https://www.oneclub.org/events/-young-guns-16-ceremony-party here]].
This year’s event includes the announcement of the inaugural Diageo-Young Guns Diversity & Inclusion Award winner, recognising an outstanding body of work from a Young Guns 16 finalist who is a woman and/or person of colour. The winner, as judged by teams at Diageo North America and The One Club, will have the opportunity to collaborate on a creative project for Diageo on one of the company’s global brands, which include Johnnie Walker, Crown Royal, Bulleit and Buchanan's whiskies, Smirnoff, Cîroc and Ketel One vodkas, Captain Morgan, Baileys, Don Julio, Tanqueray and Guinness.
For the second year, The One Club will hold the Young Guns Creative Choice Award, where the global creative community at large can explore the work of Young Guns 16 winners and select which one they believe stands above all others. Voting is open through Wednesday, November 14, 2018, with the winner announced at the Young Guns 16 awards ceremony in New York the following evening. To vote for the Young Guns Creative Choice Award, please visit https://www.oneclub.org/awards/youngguns/16/#creativechoice.
And for the fifth consecutive year, international artists management agency and Young Guns sponsor Levine/Leavitt (http://levineleavitt.com) will announce their Artist In Residence winner at the November 15 event. The honour is presented each year to the newly crowned Young Gun whose body of work stands out from even their fellow winners.
Selected by a special advisory board of industry professionals across a range of disciplines, recipients of the Artist-In-Residence Award receive a full year of professional management, guidance and mentorship to help take their young careers to new heights. From contract negotiations and client fees to portfolio management, the Levine/Leavitt team will help navigate winners through the business side of creativity.
Past Young Guns include rising stars who went on to become leaders in their chosen fields, including advertising creatives Rei Inamoto (YG4) and Menno Kluin (YG6); graphic designers James Victore (YG1), Stefan Sagmeister (YG1) and Jessica Walsh (YG8); illustrators Christoph Niemann (YG2) and Deanne Cheuk (YG4); photographers Ryan McGuinness (YG2) and Jeremy Floto/Cassandra Warner (aka floto+warner, YG5); typographers Alex Trochut (YG6); film and video director Mike Mills (YG1), animation artist Todd St. John (YG1) and others.
For more information about Young Guns, please click here.