A total of 18 shortlisted papers in the Effective Use of Tech category for Warc Media Awards 2020, which looks for the best communications that have effectively used or combined emerging platforms or technology in the media mix, contributing to the overall business success of the broader campaign.
Isabel Massey, global media director, marketing, Diageo, chaired the Effective Channel Integration jury. Image from Warc.
The judging process is currently ongoing with an international panel of media planning experts, chaired by Isabel Massey, global media director, marketing, Diageo, taking part.
The shortlist is made up of a wide variety of sectors, including automotive, clothing and accessories, food, and toiletries and cosmetics. The Asia-Pacific region leads with 14 shortlisted papers, followed by EMEA with four.
Shortlisted for the Warc Media Awards 2019, Effective Use of Tech are:
- Monty - The world's first AI predictive commentator · Fox Cricket · Foxtel · Mindshare Sydney · Australia
- United Against Abuse · Danner · MediaCom · Denmark
- Blend-In · Pantene · Procter & Gamble · MediaCom Connections Israel, ACW Grey Tel-Aviv · Israel
- Capacity-Based McDelivery 2.0 · McDonald's · Hanbaobao Pte Ltd · OMD Singapore · Singapore
- E-Com Detox · TRESemmé · Unilever · Mindshare Vietnam · Vietnam
- The Secret Menu · Google Translate · Google · PHD China · China
- A.I. Calls You Home · Knorr · PHD Hong Kong · Hong Kong
- The AI Dentist · P/S · Unilever · Mindshare Vietnam · Vietnam
- Kiss Trigger · Closeup · Unilever · Mindshare Vietnam · Vietnam
- CNY Memory Train · Hsu Fu Chi · Nestlé · Mindshare China · China
- All-Star Weekend · Nike · Mindshare China · China
- Influence the influencer · Castrol · BP · Mindshare · China
- AI Baby Expert · Jinlingguan · Yili · Mindshare · China
- The People's Seat · United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC) · The United Nations · Grey London, WPP · United Kingdom
- QQ Dancing · Maybelline · L'Oréal · Mindshare China · China
- Joyrun · Nike · Mindshare China · China
- Top Gifting Choice · UNIQLO · Fast Retailing · Mindshare China · China
- You'll Be Fine · Toyota Hilux · Toyota · m/SIX · United Kingdom
Alongside the shortlisted papers for the Effective Use of Tech category, Best Use of Data and Effective Channel Integration shortlists have also been revealed. The final category of the Warc Media Awards 2019, Effective Use of Partnerships and Sponsorships, will be released next week. The top winning papers will share a total prize fund of $40,000.
For more information on the Warc Media Awards and the Effective Use of Tech shortlist view here