DUBAI, UAE: The Dubai International Advertising Festival, now in its fourth year, will take place from 27-29 March. This year, Dubai Lynx 2011 will offer what is says will be 'an outstanding and thought-provoking programme' at its new location, the Madinat Jumeirah resort on the Arabian Sea.
This year's festival will open with a special screening on Sunday 27 March of the Academy Award and Bafta nominated film, Exit Through The Gift Shop
, by the internationally-acclaimed British graffiti artist, Banksy. Presented by The National, this will be the first time that the entertaining and amusing documentary will be screened in the Middle East.
Over two days, 28 and 29 March, more than 22 international and regional industry leaders, including creatives and clients, will present 18 seminars that are designed to offer delegates insight and inspiration and four workshop sessions providing an interactive and hands-on learning experience in small and more collaborative groups.
This year's speakers include:
- Dr Naif A. Al-Mutawa, clinical psychologist, Creator of THE 99
- Andrew Ward, VP Marketing, Etihad Airways
- Arto Joensuu, digital change agent, Nokia
- Bill Rosen, president, chief creative officer - North America, Arc Worldwide
- David Sable, global CEO, Y&R
- Mark Tutssel, chief creative officer of Leo Burnett Worldwide
- Mike Cooper, worldwide chief executive officer, PHD
- Prasoon Joshi, executive chairman, regional executive creative director APAC, McCann Erickson
- Professor Rodney Fitch CBE, founder of Fitch, Professor of Retail Design, Delft University
- Richard Pinder, chief operating officer, Publicis Worldwide
- Ronald Wohlman, global executive creative director, Lowe+Partners
In addition, delegates at Dubai Lynx 2011 will have the chance to be motivated by some of the most creative advertising from around the world at an exhibition of winning pieces from Cannes Lions 2010, Eurobest 2010 and Spikes Asia 2010. In addition, delegates will be able to view the Dubai Lynx 2011 entries and shortlisted work.
All registered delegates can partake in the Dubai Lynx evening networking events, offering the opportunity to meet with peers, make new contacts and share ideas in a relaxed and fun environment.
On Monday 28 March, at the end of the first day of seminars and workshops, there will be a networking drinks reception held at Madinat Fort Island. The Dubai Creative Club will be hosting an evening pool-side party on Tuesday 29 March at the Media One hotel. Discover which campaigns have won and join in the celebration with 1300 like-minded industry colleagues at the 2011 Dubai Lynx Awards Ceremony and Dinner, the highlight of the year for the MENA's advertising community which will take place at the Madinat Arena, the evening of Wednesday 30 March. Straight after the Dubai Lynx Awards, the festivities will continue for all awards guests at the new official after party, sponsored by Big Kahuna Films and held at the Madinat's Trilogy Nightclub.
To register to attend the Dubai International Advertising Festival, go to www.dubailynx.com
Key festival dates:
Delegate Registration Opens: Now Open
Entries: For any late entries, contact moc.snoilsennac@secila
Festival dates: 27 - 29 March 2011, Madinat Jumeirah, Dubai, UAE
Dubai Lynx Awards: 30 March 2011, Madinat Jumeirah Arena, Dubai, UAE