The AWIEF Growth Accelerator is designed to support the unique needs of early-stage and high growth-oriented women-led ventures with business modelling, growth strategy training, corporate advisory, mentorship, networks, and access to strategic partnerships.
Access to finance is the most cited challenge to the growth of women-owned businesses in Africa. Bankability and investment readiness are major impediments to attracting business finance.
The accelerator provides capital-raising support for growth, scale and sustainability. It builds women’s entrepreneurial leadership capacity, connects them with appropriate sources of capital and helps them scale.
Since 2017, more than 100 early-growth-stage women founders have gone through the accelerator programme. For the 2021 cohort, 20 female entrepreneurs will be selected from sectors including: technology, agribusiness, financial services, manufacturing, health, education, tourism & hospitality, creative industries, and renewable energy.
Applications are invited from dynamic and innovative female entrepreneurs for the AWIEF Growth Accelerator 2021 cohort.
Why join the programme?
After six months of hard work and being challenged, as part of the AWIEF Growth Accelerator cohort, you will be ready to tell your story and showcase your business to the world. The programme offers:
- Three two-day bootcamps.
- Master classes: international expert-led sessions covering all scaling fundamentals.
- One-on-one tailored mentorship and leadership coaching.
- Corporate partners: connection to corporates in your industry for valuable partnership opportunities, and as customers.
- Access to investors: get connected to opportunities with Nedbank and active VCs, impact and angel investors looking to invest in African women-led ventures.
- Pitch n GrowÔ: Demo day/pitching event at the 7th annual AWIEF Conference and Awards (AWIEF2021) scheduled to take place on 2nd and 3rd December 2021.
- Free delegate pass to AWIEF2021 conference sessions.
- Join the AWIEF Community and alumni growth programme: unmatched access to a pan-African and global network and peer connection to other women entrepreneurs, continued online post-programme support, e-learning, events, and tailored introductions.
Businesses must be:
- South African Exempt Micro Enterprises (EMEs) or Qualifying Small Enterprises (QSEs); at least 50% female black-owned.
- in a post-revenue phase.
- scalable and innovative ventures.
- in operation for not less than three years.
- owned or led by ambitious and committed women entrepreneurs.
- seeking investment or funding to scale.
- Applications open: 10 May 2021
- Applications close: 14 June 2021
- Recruitment: 15-30 June 2021
- Accelerator starts: 12th July 2021
- Culminating event: Pitch n GrowÔ during AWIEF2021 Conference, 2-3 December 2021
To submit application for AWIEF Growth Accelerator 2021 cohort, go to http://bit.ly/AWIEFGrowthAccelerator21
Application deadline is Monday, 14 May 2021 at 23:59 CAT.