With the Covid-19 pandemic and the swift closure of the events industry many of Up the Creek's staff have been left without any income for the foreseeable future, and the artists find themselves without any audiences. Up the Creek has joined forces with some key players in the industry to put together an online show to raise much needed funds for the events industry.
On Saturday 6 June, Up the Creek Online will feature eight musicians, two DJs, a comedian andthree hosts during a seven hour show, from 16:00-23:00.
Albert Frost, Hot Water, Riaan Smit, Flying Bantu, Akkedis, Crosscurrent, DJ Dirtroad and Paradise Citizens are all confirmed for the show, along with comedian Rob van Vuuren, and your hosts for the show Nick Hamman, Keri Culver and Sune Halderman.
Up the Creek have set a target of R180,000 and have worked with all their suppliers and musicians involved to set up a lean budget, with a proportionate share of the funds raised to be split as follows:
- Musicians and Entertainers: 38%
- Staffing Relief Fund: 42%
- Marketing Costs: 8%
- Streaming Costs: 7%
- Admin Costs: 5%
A raffle will be run to help contribute towards funds, and winners will be drawn during the show. Prizes will consist of:
- Up the Creek hamper consisting of 2x tickets for the next official UTC festival and 2x 30 Year Reunion at the River t-shirts.
- Two nights stay at Aloe Ridge Self-Catering Accommodation (four adults) alongside the Breede River www.aloeridgebreede.co.za *Prize valid for a period of 12 months from date of issue, and dates over Easter Weekend and New Years cannot be booked.
- Beerworks #Boomboxx Hamper – Valued at R2,500. 30 Litres of your favourite Beerworks Craft Beer in a keg. Mobile tap set up in your home/backyard. Prize includes a Backyard Beer Fest activity pack, glasses and merchandise.
T&Cs: Prizes will be delivered when lockdown allows, and free of charge within 30kms of Cape Town CBD, keg can stay at you until it’s finished. Prize valid to claim for 3 months as soon as lockdown allows. No under 18s can win this prize.The final programme will be released soon.
Tickets for the online show are now on sale via www.howler.co.za/UTC.