This hearty veggie salad packed with fresh vegetable can pass as dinner or as a filling side...
• 360g potatoes/baby potatoes
• 360g beetroot
• 360g diced butternut
• One tablespoon of olive oil
• One sprig fresh rosemary
• 40g fresh rocket
• Half a small tub of pomegranate arils
• A good grind of salt and pepperFor the dressing:
• Three tablespoons of tahini paste
• Six tablespoons water
• Three to four tablespoons of lemon juice
• One clove of garlic, crushed
• One tablespoon of nutritional yeast (optional)
• Salt to taste
1. Preheat oven to 180’ Celsius.
2. Dice potatoes and beetroot. Mix with diced butternut.
3. Line a baking tray with baking paper and spread out the roasting veg on the tray.
4. Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt, pepper and rosemary.
5. Place in the oven to roast for about 75 minutes or until golden brown and cooked through.
6. In the meanwhile, prepare the dressing by adding all the dressing ingredients into a mixing bowl and stirring until completely combined.
7. Put your rocket into your serving dish and top with the roasted veg and pomegranate arils.
8. Drizzle with two to three tablespoons of dressing.
9. Serve warm or cold.Recipe by The Green Dietitian for HSI/AfricaMore Green Monday SA recipes.