A warm white bean salad to make for loved ones this holiday season...
©Michelle Riley/The HSUS
• One can (425g) of white beans, drained
• A 1/4 cup (60ml) of red wine vinegar
• Four cups (900g) of fresh rocket leaves
• 1/2 a cup (115g) of firmly packed sun-dried tomatoes
• 1/2 a cup (115ml) of extra-virgin olive oil
• One cup (225g) of diced red onion (about one medium onion)
• 1/2 a teaspoon of coarse sea salt or kosher salt
• One cup (225g) of thinly sliced, peeled carrots (about 2 medium carrots)
• 1 cup (225g) of thinly sliced celery stalks (or about 2 medium celery sticks)
• Two garlic cloves
• Two tablespoons of fresh rosemary, minced
• 1/2 a teaspoon of crushed red pepper flakes (chilli flakes)
• Two tablespoons of finely chopped, fresh, flat-leaf parsley for garnish
1. In a large sauté pan over high heat, combine the oil, onion, and salt and sauté for two minutes.
2. Add the carrots, celery, garlic, rosemary, and red pepper flakes and sauté for one more minute.
3. Add 1/4 cup (60ml) of water and cover the pan. Cook over high heat until the vegetables are just crisp-tender (about 2 minutes). Uncover the pan and turn off the heat.
4. Stir in the beans, tomatoes, and vinegar, and season with salt to taste.
5. Toss the beans with the arugula and serve garnished with the chopped parsley.Recipe from Fresh Food Fast by Peter Berley of North Fork Kitchen.More Green Monday Recipes.