The Polyolefin Recycling Company, trading as POLYCO, is inviting companies involved in the recycling industry to submit proposals for POLYCO Support Funding for the separation, collection and sorting of post-consumer polyolefin plastic packaging projects.
POLYCO was established by the South African Plastic Packaging Industrial Converters in order to grow post-consumer plastics collection, sorting, recycling and waste beneficiation - targeting zero plastics packaging waste to landfill by 2030.
In order to meet this target, POLYCO is inviting companies involved in the collection and recycling of post-consumer PP, HDPE, LDPE and LLDPE packaging materials, to submit proposals for funding. This call for proposals is for each focus area of the recycling industry value chain, starting with the currently constrained collection and sorting sector.
Thereafter will follow requests for proposals for the next focus sector in the industry. Funding mechanisms have been introduced by POLYCO to provide financial project support to qualifying companies who best meet the project funding support criteria.
These are large-scale projects aimed at substantially increasing separation-at-source, collection and sorting of post-consumer polyolefin plastics. These include:
- The installation of new collection and sorting infrastructure and equipment.
- The increased utilisation and upgrade of existing collection and sorting infrastructure and equipment.
- Support for the implementation of new separation-at-source programmes, or the support of existing initiatives.
Supply Chain Efficiency Projects
These are smaller projects aimed at contributing to the growth of sustainable, ongoing collection and sorting of polyolefin plastics. These include:
- Support to purchase minor equipment to overcome current supply chain constraints.
- The scoping of new sources of separated and sorted collection and supply to the recycling industry.
Visible Consumer Collection Projects
These are small projects aimed at increasing the visibility of POLYCO support in the waste collection and recycling industry. These include:
- Providing support to community-based projects to grow separated collection volumes.
- Co-branding opportunities with waste collectors.
Companies or individuals wishing to apply for funding, can download the application guidelines from the POLYCO website, www.polyco.co.za
. Once completed, all forms must be submitted to POLYCO via email to az.oc.ocylop@nywnorB
, on or before Friday, 16 May 2014.