The 16th PAMRO Meeting and All Africa Media Research Conference will take place from 24-27 August 2014 at the La-Palm Royal Beach Hotel in Accra, Ghana under the theme 'Media Research for One Continent'.
Updates on media audience research activities from countries from all parts of Africa and the rest of the world will be given. Presentations will address a wide range of subjects such as television audience research methodologies, as well as the measurement and status of Radio, Print, Internet and Outdoor in Africa. This year market segmentation will also be a focal point of the conference.
Speakers from Ghana, Kenya, Nigeria, UAE, UK, USA and South Africa have been secured so far. They are inter alia:
- Amelia Richards, Client Service Director: Media, Ask Afrika, South Africa
- Christopher O'Hearn, General Manager, Emirates Media Measurement Company, United Arab Emirates and Robert Ruud, TAM consultant, Norway
- Craig Johnson, Managing Director Media and Candice Ulrich, Head: TV Panel and Data Integrity, Nielsen, South Africa
- James Eberhard, CEO & Founder, GeoPoll and Mobile Accord; Matthieu Sauvage-Mar, Director of Client Services, GeoPoll and Max Richman, Data Scientist, GeoPoll, United States of America
- Jennie Beck, Global Director, Kantar Media, United Kingdom
- Jim Ford, Development Director, Ipsos MediaCT, United Kingdom
- Joe Hall, Senior Manager, Business Insight, BBC Global News, United Kingdom
- Joe Otin, MediaCT Director, Ipsos Synovate Pan-Africa, Kenya
- John D. Attafuah, Marketing Support Consultancy, Ghana
- Laurence Chausson, International Marketing Director, Kantar Media Audiences, United Kingdom
- Lee Kotze, Managing Director and Samantha Loggenberg, Research Director, Qualitative Intelligence, South Africa
- Magnus Anshelm, CEO, MMS, Sweden
- Monique Leech, Director Digital Solutions, Millward Brown, South Africa
- Nanzala Mwaura, Director, Key Account Management SSA, Ipsos, South Africa and Kanyisa Ngqukuvana, Standard Bank, South Africa
- Neil Higgs, Chief Innovation Partner and Heidi Swanepoel, Senior Innovation Partner, TNS, South Africa
- Oresti Patricios, CEO, Ornicogroup, South Africa
- Peter Masson, Partner, Bucknull and Masson, London, United Kingdom
- Tom Mzungu, Audience Research Manager, Ipsos, Kenya
The Conference will start on Sunday, 24 August with registration late afternoon followed by welcome dinner. Registration will continue on Monday 25 August (full-day conference). Tuesday, 26 August (full-day conference followed by evening out on the town). The conference will end late afternoon on Wednesday, 27 August 2014.
Confirmation from other leading experts from across the continent is awaited and a more complete list of speakers as well as a provisional programme will follow shortly.
Final call for papers
PAMRO is now calling for the submission of synopses for the 2014 PAMRO Conference.
Presentations will address a wide range of subjects in the field of Media Audience research and because of the multimedia nature of PAMRO should cover subjects in the field of television audience research, as well as the measurement and status of Radio, Print, Online, Mobile, Social Media and Out of Home Media in Africa.
There is no deadline for submitting synopses and requests to speak will be handled on a first come first served basis. People interested to speak at the conference must therefore forward their synopses and other information as requested below to PAMRO as soon as possible.
- Maximum Synopsis Length: 300 Words
- Synopses should enable PAMRO to judge the likely quality of the final paper and its usefulness to delegates. Papers which show no results and no supporting data are strongly discouraged.
- Each synopsis must include:
- The title of the proposed paper
- The name of the author(s)
- Their organisation and positions
- Their telephone number and email address
- Synopses and any queries should be sent to the PAMRO secretariat at az.oc.fraas@ormap.
Ask Afrika; DStv Media Sales; Geo Poll; Ipsos Kenya; Kantar Media; Marketing Support Consultancy; Nielsen South Africa; Nokia; Ornicogroup of Co; Plus 94 Research; South African Audience Research Foundation (SAARF); TNS, Ghana.
For more, go to www.pamro.org