Supply Chain Analyst
Location:London, United Kingdom
Business and Supply Chain Analysis for Lean and Agile design, including implementationRead more
Business analysis for optimization and sustainability, end to end logistics
Business Development (Corporate Sales), conduct needs assessment to link products and develop tailored packages.
Customer Relationship Management (Account Management)
Training and Development of staff, implementing new processes and systems
Project Management and Procurement, supplier/tender evaluation, make or buy analysis and evaluation and supply chain analysis.
Present - Durban
Oversee clearance of shipments and transport while keeping the customer updated.
Supply Chain Capabilities Manager
1 Jan 2014 - 1 Aug 2014 - London
• Global support to supply chain activities up and down stream, for the US, UK and DE Distribution centers
• Mapping supply chain processes and activities for analysis, to eliminate waste and improve efficiency and effectiveness.
• Review 3PL suppliers to evaluate services and pricing
• Review current product supplier base to consolidate procurement and improve supplier relationship.
• Implement sustainability projects to improve processes and waste.
General Manager Operations
1 Jan 2008 - 1 Dec 2012 - Durban
• Define, develop and implement organizational and operations strategy for the organization to meet customer expectations while managing resources for continued sustainability.
• Working with extended enterprises to manage the movement and clearance of cargo up and down stream in the supply chain for various organizations in S.A. and Sub-Saharan Africa. Oversee cargo management end to end for mining, manufacturing and automotive.
• Reason for leaving is due to relocation to London.
Manager - Projects and Road Freight
1 Jan 1998 - 1 Dec 2000 - Durban
• Managed a vertically integrated team, coordinating with various stakeholders supplying services up and down stream in the supply chain.
• Conducted project reviews to identify areas for improvement within and all other stakeholders.
• Managed exports teams in different regions / countries to offer a single client interface, complying with customer requirements, macro-economic and trade agreements.
• Developed processes, trained teams and managed implementation to ensure seamless continuous flow within supply chains.
Business Development Manager
1 Jan 1995 - 1 Dec 1998 - Durban
• Undertook prospecting and sales to major importers and exporters in Southern Africa. Value stream analysis of the supply chain to identify to construct a needs assessment.
• Tailored a service package utilizing our products to improve a customer offering.
• Major clients included EGM Forrest, Tongaat Hulett, MOZAL, Nyala Platinum and P&H Minepro.
• Achieved 200% of sales target in 2nd year and received accolade of Circle of Champions
Air, Sea, Road and Account Operations
1 Jan 1992 - 1 Dec 1995 - Durban
Operations interface in various departments across all modes to gain knowledge of all aspects of freight forwarding, carrier’s capabilities, statutory requirements and international statutory requirements.
Departments included: Airfreight, Seafreight, Roadfreight, Accounts and Sales.
Accounts Managed include: Toyota, Exxon Mobil, Joy Mining, MOZAL, Ruashi Mining, Daimler Chrysler and Joy Mining.
SkillsCustomer Relationship Managem, Training and Implementation, PROJECT MANAGEMENT SKILLS, PROCURE AND TENDER COMMITEES, Budgeting and project cost co, BUSINESS ANALYSIS, Business development, Corporate Marketing, Corporate & Strategic Planner, Lean Manaufacturing
|Operations and Supply Chain Ma|
|Final year subjects||:||Strategic Operations Management
Business Analysis and Assessment
Logistics and International Trade
Supply Chain Operations Management
Contracts and Procurement
Financial and Legal Aspects of International Trade
|Institution||:||University of Liverpool|
|Location||:||Liverpool, United Kingdom|
|Strategic Logistics Management|
|Final year subjects||:||Operations management, channels of delivery, vendor management, warehousing and logistics
|Location||:||Durban, South Africa|
|Business Development and Marke|
|Final year subjects||:||Marketing techniques, customer evaluation and buying patterns, competitor evaluation and customer relationship management |
|Location||:||Durban, South Africa|
|Final year subjects||:||KPI's for merchandising, content, marketing, social media, customer service, logistics|
|Location||:||London, United Kingdom|