1 Dec 2013 - 1 Jan 2015 - Cape Town
• Maintain customer queries and accounts.
• Received, record and managed sales transaction spreadsheets and files,
packed, maintained quality control and delivered the order.
• Created marketing materials and managed content on social media
• Assisted with creating product catalog and price list development.
• Assisted with in store product promotions and other general admin.
• Maintained stock , forecasted and handled purchase orders.
• Organize and maintain website product descriptions and warehouse
product sample inventory.
• Meeting buyers and suppliers.
1 Sep 2013 - 1 Dec 2013 - Cape Town
• Intern to a Magazine Editor for Greeff Properties Real Estate magazine. Helped assist in daily administrative tasks, filing and in styling food shoots for a Real Estate magazine.
• Responsible for all real estate pages. Planned, selecting real estate pictures, checking and editing information, web numbers, following up on all properties corrections/additions from each estate agent and placing them in the magazine. Proof reading final content.
Sports Marketing Analyst
IFM North America
1 Feb 2012 - 1 Aug 2013 - Saint Louis
Production analyst that tracks sponsorship in the Market Research Industry.
• Track sponsorship coverage, sponsorship value and media coverage in the media for both primary(Live races) and secondary (News, TV magazine shows) coverage on main TV networks.
• Research internet and print media articles across various American publications
• Collected and analyzed data to evaluate existing potential product and service markets.
• Performed and conducted reconciliation, monitoring, process documentation and analysis.
• Primary focus was in Motor sports (NASCAR,Indy car, ALMS, AMA Supercross, Motocross), but also analyzed college football, ice hockey (World Cup of Ice hockey), cycling (Tour de France, Tour of Utah, Tour of California) and golf (PGA Tour).
Web designer and Marketing Assistant
Evergrow Import and Export
1 Nov 2011 - 1 Feb 2012 - Johannesburg
Created and maintained company website and social media.
• Brand Development in marketing social media and increasing traffic to website.
• Created marketing materials such as product catalogues, posters and pamphlets.
Entrepreneurship Empowerment in South Africa (EESA
1 Jun 2011 - 1 Jul 2011 - Cape Town
• Selected as the only undergraduate student to join the Entrepreneurship Empowerment in South Africa program, were I acted as a business consultant with a team of local and American students from three universities in the USA (Oklahoma State, Texas A&M and Colorado University).
• Our goal was to helped two previously disadvantaged entrepreneurs improve their business over a period of 6 weeks.
• Had to provide four working business solutions as well as two Supporting Emerging Enterprise Models (A business plan) and Final Consulting Report for each business.
• The four working solutions were identifying problems in the business and help fix them. We provided solutions such as creating a website, marketing materials, creating a basic accounting system.
• No student was allowed to use their own money or the entrepreneurs.
• We were taught the Entrepreneurship course and graded by professors from the USA on our work.
• Part of University of the Western Cape and Oklahoma State University program.
Digital Academic Literacy (DAL) Tutor
University of the Western Cape
1 Jan 2011 - 1 Nov 2011 - Cape Town
• Information Systems Tutor that taught Microsoft Office (Microsoft Word, Excel and Power Point), Internet and email to two classes of 30-40 first year students weekly. (many students from disadvantaged background and never used a computer previously.)
• Duties include preparation, teaching and assisting practical classes, consulting students, marking tests and assignments and general administrative duties.
Sai Long cc
1 Jan 2008 - 1 Dec 2011 - Cape Town
• Answer telephones and give information to callers, take messages, or transfer calls to appropriate individuals.
• Handle customer inquiries, and scheduled confirm appointments for customers and suppliers.
• Compose, type, and distribute meeting minutes, routine correspondence, and reports.
• Set up and maintain paper and electronic filing systems for records.
• Issue invoices, prepare accounts payable and payroll and keep records of collections and other general office duties.
• Created and designed product catalogues and marketing materials.
• Review work done by others to check for correct spelling and grammar, ensure that company format policies are followed, and recommend revisions.
• Operate office equipment such as copiers, phone systems, use computers for spreadsheet, word processing, database management, graphic design and other accounting programs such as Quickbooks.
• Reviewed orders that were delivered on schedule.
• Assisted the with packaging and delivering orders during peak season.