Marketing Insights Analyst
|Remuneration:||negotiable depending on experience |
|Remote work:||Some remote work allowed|
|Own transport required:||Yes|
|Job policy:||Employment Equity position|
We are looking for a "marketing insights analyst" to work closely with marketing and digital marketing teams to support and implement high quality, data-driven decisions.
Use advanced analytical techniques to interpret key findings from consumer data and leverage the insights into research studies, strategies, tactics and initiatives that will drive business and brand outcomes
The right person for the job will apply their knowledge of consumer understanding and data analysis to solving real-world problems across industries and finding opportunities for improvement across multiple projects, teams and business units. Key performance areas (core, essential responsibilities – outputs of the position)
- Deep insights into consumer behaviour (on-the-ground immersion)
- Experienced in mapping customer perceptions and journeys
- Experienced in leveraging insight from trends, consumer feedback and digital marketing analytics.
- To identify, measure and analyse external and internal market data into meaningful insights to inform critical business and brand decisions by presenting data in reports
- To construct research into data gathering techniques based on business needs on qualitative and qualitative information
- To manage his/her own projects according to deadlines while overseeing a junior team out in the field.
- To suggest/use the latest data tools in industry to gather or analyse the data.
- Planning, leading, and executing research projects.
- Experience in planning and leading on-the-ground immersions into various consumer and business segments.
- Collaborating with marketing, digital marketing, and new business development
- Research and Implementation methodologies
- A passion to walk in the consumer's shoes
- Confidence to ask questions and dig deep into their daily lives
- Analytical mindset with a problem-solving approach
- Data processing
- Data analysis
- In-field junior team oversight
- Project management
- Analytical mindset
- Accuracy (attention to detail)
- Talk with the voice of the customer/business
- Meeting deadlines.
- Ability to interact with the junior team and manage day-to-day actions and delivery
- Ability to learn and respond quickly to the fast-changing business environment
- Ability to multitask and excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to work in an agile environment with a focus on continuous improvement
- Self-motivated and eager to learn
- A team player and able to lead and initiate
- Advertising school diploma or University degree;
- ATL/TTL agency experience
- 2 - 5 years of experience as a strategist/marketing/consumer research analyst/specialist/marketing data analyst
- Location: Johannesburg or Port Elizabeth
- Experience in developing and presenting solutions within a creative environment;
- Knowledge of primary and secondary research techniques that best lead the strategic and creative processes;
- Ability to contribute to the development of integrated brand, communication, and campaign strategies to effectively maximise the awareness, exposure, and campaigns of client brands and products;
- Sharp business acumen, resourceful, and a self-starter that has a relentless passion for knowing more and believing in better;
- Ability to contribute to and guide and informs ideation and brainstorming sessions internally and externally;
- Strong time management and organisational skills
- Strong multitasking skills (able to work on multiple briefs at any given time).
Our cultural roots and deep, on-the-ground market immersion ensures we deliver relevant creative solutions, understanding the people who make up South Africa’s main market and connecting your brand with their hearts and buying behaviours.
Our strength lies in positioning global brands into Africa, as well as taking South African brands to the broader African market. We do this by creating standout brand presence through a deep on-the-ground cultural connection to the right market and its local catalysts.
At Boomtown, we see the power of people. Our people are the most valuable part of our business. They are insightful, world-class, creative, multidisciplinary, authentic, and professional. We see all that they can be and endeavor to provide the best environment for them to thrive in.
See yourself fitting in?
Get in touch.
Posted on 03 Feb 12:09, Closing date 4 Apr