Design Manager/Senior Designer
|Remuneration:||negotiable market-related |
|Location:||Durban, Umhlanga Ridge|
|Remote work:||Not Applicable|
|Own transport required:||Yes|
Great opportunity for a passionate and talented senior designer with great organisational skills to join the in-house creative studio of an established FMCG company specialising in personal care products and packaging. If you want to contribute to the growth of successful local and international brands, and see your ideas take shape from concept to finished product, have a positive, problem-solving mindset and are able to offer quick delivery that is on target, you will find your dream career with us!
The successful candidate should be able to deliver and oversee a high level of creative work across brands and teams, ensuring the concept, marketing support & end product meet the strategic objectives of the company. You will be required to oversee and manage on-brand and deadline driven output of junior team members, along with general studio running requirements. You will need to work independently and flexibly in a fast-paced environment and be adaptable to changing market needs. Exceptional time management and detail driven. Previous packaging and printing experience is essential, and strategic creative experience launching cosmetic or personal care brands will be highly advantageous. If this sounds like you, we would love to hear from you!NB:
Only candidates with the qualifying credentials need apply. All references will be checked.
Please email your CV along with a showcase of your best work to to
be considered for an interview. Please consider your application unsuccessful if no response is received after 7 days of submitting your qualifying criteria. No correspondence will be entered into.
- Minimum five years relevant experience at an agency or in a corporate in-house design team
- Relevant tertiary qualifications
- Excellent eye for detail and meticulous about craftmanship of work
- Great time and people management skills
- Managing and overseeing output of junior team members
- Checking and signing off artwork
- Managing studio processes and requirements
- Ability to take jobs from concept through to finished art
- Working knowledge of repro principles and print processes
- Proficiency on Mac OS and Adobe Creative Cloud applications, specifically Illustrator & Photoshop
- Ability to hit the ground running and work independently
We are a hardworking but fun-loving ‘family’. We are extremely passionate about developing our brands as well as our people. If you are passionate about brands, not scared to push the envelope or go the extra mile, have a strong value system and want to inspire and motivate those around you, you will be perfectly suited for this position.
Posted on 07 Feb 12:44, Closing date 7 Apr