Senior Ecommerce Buyer
|Location:||Cape Town, Woodstock, Cape Town|
|Remote work:||Some remote work allowed|
Runway, one of the top e-tailers in South Africa is looking for a mid or senior-level buyer to join our expanding team.
You will be responsible for managing a number of supplier relationships and sales campaigns. In order to succeed in this role, you need to be self-motivated, thrive under pressure, have a keen eye for detail and have the ability to multitask.
This is a great opportunity to learn and grow quickly in what is a dynamic and flexible online fashion company.
We are passionate and supportive. We move fast and welcome change. We value our team and love to win! If these values are something that excites you, we would love to hear from you!Responsibilities:
- Collaborate with the supply team to strategically build balanced range assortments for the customer.
- Sign, build and maintain partnerships with the world’s best brands aligned to the customer strategy and ensure we get best price, great value offers and exclusive ranges.
- Work closely with suppliers to ensure stock is delivered to the warehouse on time, packaged correctly and as cost effectively as possible.
- Monitor stock, sales, margin and assortment to ensure delivery of KPI’s.
- Trade your range in-season through consistent analysis and interpretation of data to drive sell-through and reduce markdown.
- Self-motivated and a self-starter
- Attention to detail
- Ability to learn quickly
- Ability to multitask
- Works well under pressure and sticks to tight deadlines - able to effectively deal with stress
- Excellent analytical skills – Ability to use extensive system knowledge to prepare informative reporting tools. Generate, analyse and recommend alternative actions. Determine relevant information and draw sound conclusions
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office, especially Excel
- Demonstrate smart risk-taking and a strong entrepreneurial spirit
- Commercially astute – understand what drives the bottom line. Understand what actions can be taken to impact it
- Establish plans – Utilise business strategies to develop realistic plans and drive to execution
- Innovative – Continually look for ways to experiment and drive new learning. Translate insights into original concepts that benefit the business.
Runway is committed to transformation and redressing of past inequalities. Our employment equity goals will be taken into account in our selection process.
- Required: 3-5 years of experience working as a buyer
- Previous management/leadership experience preferred
- E-Commerce experience preferred
- Experience in working with a fashion/branded environment preferred
- Completed degree preferred. In the absence of degree, additional and relevant work experience must be demonstrated
MyRunway is an online fashion retailer, designed to uncomplicate and redefine your shopping experience. We offer high-end brands at a discounted price to our exclusive society.
Posted on 26 Jan 14:50, Closing date 27 Mar