1 Jul 2010 - 1 Jun 2011 - Cape Town
• Account Manager of Nota Bene Communications Strategy Agency and all Nota Bene Cape Town clients.
• Collaborate with media strategists and team leaders for a fully integrated media strategy, including digital, and ensure that client expectations are managed with regard to project scope, progress, schedule and budget
• Partnering with Media Owners to ensure that best-in-class digital media practices are adopted, evolving, and being adhered to
• Providing ongoing thought-leadership across all aspects of digital marketing
• Participating in the development of strategic partner alliances including the identification and application of innovative technologies/emerging media as well as collaboration with other MEC and Nota Bene offices
• Collaborating with analytics and media teams to assess the performance of clients' digital engagements
• Lead cross-functional teams in the execution of all digital marketing engagements
• Leading the development of digital business, marketing and advertising strategies for current and potential clients
1 Jan 2008 - 1 Jun 2010 - Cape Town
• Analysis of client business needs and recommend ways to improve ROI and increase data base sizes and other objectives where required.
• Digital Strategy Development.
• Working within the client’s budget in order to achieve their objectives.
• Campaign monitoring and data analysis.
• Actively managing the day-to-day running of retained clients business and maintaining regular contact with them.
• Present the company's credentials and training in online media together with other executives when requested to do so.
• Establish professional relationships with clients for purposes of retention of the business.
• Develop and maintain relationships with media owners.
Senior Campaign Manager
1 May 2007 - 1 Dec 2007
• Implementation, monitoring, and management of e-marketing campaigns.
• Analysis of client business needs and recommend ways to improve ROI and increase data base size and decrease database turnover.
• Strategy analysis and development.
• Ongoing technical and product support for clients.
• Providing training for clients.
• Integrated Lifecycle Messaging – introduction of strategy and services based on client needs and customise solutions.
• Services Innovation and productisation.
• SiteCatalyst Integration and Strategies – integration between website and email products and the remarketing oportunities from client’s customers browsing around their website.
• KPI development.
• Upload Creative and analysis of the creaive to ensure best paractices are followed at all times thereby increasing deliverabilty and the reputation of the clients’s domain.
• Internal and client Quality Assurance.
• Message Deployment of up to 5 million subscribers a day.
• Set-up a number of different applications from list generators and real time messaging to preference centres and database integration using a proprietry based software that creates the backend code needed to accomplish this.
• Custom Reporting based on the clients needs.
• Technical DREAMmail Customer Implementations and support
Conversion Team Leader
1 Apr 2005 - 1 Apr 2007 - Cape Town
• Leading a team tasked with the optimisation of conversion marketing performance.
• Coaching and Mentoring, motivation and morale, personnel development.
• Developing and implementing tactical marketing initiatives to deliver against targets.
• Co-ordinate Marketing (Media, Referback, Acquisition, Conversion, Retention) and Support (Product, Technology, Creative, Analysis, CSC) efforts to ensure optimal performance on funnel metrics.
• Analyse results and recommend strategy enhancements.
• Identify, propose and test new initiatives.
• Setting up mailers in internal system.
• Database mining and re-activation of inactive players.
• Direct mailings (online and occasionally offline).
• Source new opportunities and testing.
• Briefing studio for creative requirements.
• Ability to maximize early stages of customer lifecycle to point of retention.
• Research into game mix and customers: pre/post analysis of campaigns.
• Lapsed customer reactivation.
• Lead conversion.
• Competitor analysis and research.
Duties included, but were not limited to:
• Liaising with support traffic/media channels (Media/SEM/ATL/Offline-DM).
• Jointly managing budget on these channels, by brand and product: Overall USA financial management of all marketing expenditure.
• Managing ROI on each of these channels, by brand and product, with lead brand as priority. Liaise inter-departmentally to ensure optimum brand mix, lowest cost to business and optimal ROI.
• Ensuring alignment with USA specific strategy and overall company objectives.
• Ensuring alignment between Paid Media business strategy and product.
• Recommend and brief all brand acquisition strategies – Specific to channel, game type, time and duration, also to include:
o Online Acquisition strategy
o Website and game lobby strategy
o Promotional strategy
o Ensuring brand alignment
o Budgeting and forecasting
o Product development strategy
o Acquisition game mix management
o Advertising/Creative is within brand guidelines and monitor effectiveness thereof ability to react to market trends and devise strategies in line with ever-changing market place
o Review competitor strategies and research: Amend strategies where applicable
o Liaise with external publishers and suppliers as well as internal departmental relations
o Disciplined and focused on targets and objectives