IS and IT Management Specialist
I posses 22 years proven professional experience and a detailed knowledge of industry's best practice processesRead more
Senior Customer Engineer
Present - Centurion/Pretoria
General (strategic) tasks:
• Ensuring that redundancies are implemented
• Drafting of as well as ensuring adherence to IT policies and SOPs
• IT & Business Strategic Alignment
• Perform as a member of the IT Steering Committee
• Ensure security of all systems
• Develop innovative network troubleshooting methods that reduce downtime and lower repair costs
• Work closely with departmental managers to determine the maintenance and growth needs of the network
• Monitor changing network technology and deliver a technology update to the executive team each quarter
• Responsible for creating and administering disaster plans that will keep the company functional in the event of a crisis
• Determine the rationale and methods for upgrading company network software programs each time an update is released
• Compliance (licensing and IT regulatory requirements)
• Negotiating of contracts with 3rd party providers and supplier and management of those contracts and relationships
• Setting of standards and monitor adherence to standards
• Compile IT budget and ensure adherence to approved budget
Help Desk Administration
• Oversees all help desk activities at the regional level.
• Responds to escalated help desk issues.
• Oversees the administration and maintenance of our tracking software.
• Interacts with internal clients on all levels to help resolve IT-related issues and provides answers in a timely manner.
Client related responsibilities
• Ensure proper functioning of client machines (laptops, PCs, tablets, printers, etc.)
• Monitoring for irregularities and taking necessary counter measures
• Rollout of updates and patches
• Control of asset register
• Manages day-to-day internal client interaction
• Sets and manages internal client expectations.
• Communicates effectively with internal clients to identify needs and evaluate alternative business solutions.
• Continually seeks opportunities to increase internal client satisfaction and deepen client relationships.
Server related tasks:
• Monitoring of server performance
• Implement DRP and perform tests every 6 months
• Ensure function of server services (incl. DHCP, DNS, AD, ADFS …)
• Backup of server environment
• Oversee troubleshooting, systems backups, archiving, and disaster recovery and provides expert support when necessary.
• Liaise with project teams to help implement Internal Systems.
• Management of database server
• Configuration and maintenance of Active Directory
Network related tasks:
• Guarantee LAN,WAN, Internet optimal performance
• Oversees the administration of the company's WAN.
• Configuration of switches
• Assists in the planning and implementation of additions, deletions and major modifications to the supporting regional infrastructure
• Configuration, monitoring and management of firewall
• Management of external lines
• Management of cell phones (contracts, SIMs, connectivity, active sync, etc.)
People management and Internal Operations:
• Manage information technology and computer systems
• Plan, organize, control and evaluate IT and electronic data operations
• Manage IT staff by recruiting, training and coaching employees, communicating job expectations and appraising their performance
• Design, develop, implement and coordinate systems, policies and procedures
• Ensure security of data, network access and backup systems
• Act in alignment with user needs and system functionality to contribute to organizational policy
• Identify problematic areas and implement strategic solutions in time
• Addressing poor performance.
• Motivate team members and ensures that they receive recognition for work well done.
• Maintain a succession plan for the team by reviewing the skills of the team at least twice a year and has career conversations with them.
• When required, initiate disciplinary processes for team members.
• Resolves grievances raised by team members, escalates only if required.
Field Service Engineer
T-Systems South Africa
1 Jan 2010 - 1 Apr 2015 - Pretoria
Provision of level 1/2 support and problem resolution for hardware and software infrastructure and well as line of business applications in accordance with agreed service levels.
1st Line resolution support; Remote support using (Remote Assistance, VNC, Scout Mirror or Microsoft Lync)
Managing user accounts on Admin.Net and Active Directory
Supporting Mercedes-Benz Dealerships web application issues
Technical Support to Mercedes-Benz Sandown Dealerships
Windows Server Standard and SBS
Microsoft Active Directory and Exchange
Firewall technologies (Cyberoam)
DNS, DHCP and RAID Configurations,
UPS and Backup technologies
Kerriage Support and configuration
Autoline (Dealer Management system)-Ensure dealers are able to access necessary modules in Autoline Dealer Portal on monthly basis according to company policies and procedures in line with ITIL.
Lead to effective working relationships and liaison with customers through corporate IT service management system.
MBSA After-sales Support
Deploy new desktops/laptops/tablet PC’s
Relocate desktops/laptops/tablet PC’s
Troubleshoot desktop/laptop/tablet problems
Maintain the Desktop/laptop/tablet asset register
Ensure all technical system documentation and procedures
SkillsPLANNING AND BUDGETING SKILL, PROJECT MANAGEMENT SKILLS, Problem solving and Analysis, Motivation & Commitment, Customer service and Care s, BUSINESS ANALYSIS, Budgeting and project cost co
|Final year subjects||:||Data Communications &Amp; Networks
|Institution||:||University of Johannesburg|
|Location||:||Pretoria, South Africa|
|B Tech:Information Technology|
|Final year subjects||:||• Business Analysis (Passed)
• Information and Technology Management (Passed)
• Principles of Research(Passed)
• Advanced Business Analysis IV* (Passed)
• Advanced Information and Technology (Passed)
• Project IV (Passed) with Distinction
• Business Fundamentals IV (Passed)
• Project Management IV (Passed)
• Strategic Information Systems IV (Passed)
|Institution||:||Tshwane University of technology|
|Location||:||Pretoria, South Africa|