The ninth PAMRO Meeting and All Africa Media Research Conference takes place at Club Makokola, Mangochi, Lake Malawi, 19 -22 August 2007, and due to limited flights to Mangochi, Club Makokola has arranged bus transport from Lilongwe and Blantyre Airports to the hotel and visa versa.
Return costs are US$220 from Lilongwe and US$200 from Blantyre, with payment to be made directly to Club Makokola. If you are interested in using this facility, please provide PAMRO with your arrival and departure details, ie. date/time and flight number.
A summary of the programme is as follows:
- Sunday 19 August:Registration in the afternoon, followed by get together cocktails and dinner (for late arrivals, registration will continue on Monday morning).
- Monday 20 August: PAMRO AGM followed by an ordinary member meeting (non-members are invited to attend the above events as observers). This will be followed by updates on:
- Progress with our data harmonization project that was launched in 2005 in Zanzibar;
- The status of the development of the Pan African Living Standards Measure (PA-LSM);
- and updates on country activities since our eight meeting last year in Cape Town.
- Tuesday 21 August:
- Morning: Beginning of the ninth All Africa Media Research Conference
- Afternoon: Organised afternoon off trip to Bird Island
- Wednesday 22 August: Full day All Africa Media Research Conference, concluding with the Gala Dinner
All media will be covered in the programme, as well as health issues such as HIV/Aids, malaria and tuberculoses (the latter for the first time) and provision of services such as water, electricity and sanitation.