Pain is a warning from your brain, a sort of public service announcement about a real threat.2 It’s during these times, we could all use a little help.
Why use CBD?
CBD for pain and inflammation3 has been steadily making headlines around the world, with more and more patients exploring the wide-ranging health, wellness and lifestyle benefits of CBD.
In order to understand CBD for use in pain management, you must first understand what CBD actually is.
CBD is a cannabinoid and is just one of many naturally occurring chemicals found in the cannabis plant. It is reported to assist with relieving three types of pain: inflammatory pain, nociceptive pain (caused by damage to tissue, muscle, joints) and neuropathic pain.3
CBD without the THC
Are CBD oils safe, you may ask? The answer is a resounding, “yes”! CBD does not have psychoactive properties because it does not have THC (tetrahydrocannabinol). As a result, it does not cause the sensation of getting “high” that’s often associated with cannabis.2
The human body has an endocannabinoid system (ECS) that is involved in a number of the body’s processes, one of which includes pain. The ECS has two types of receptors called CB1 and CB2.4 CBD triggers the CB2 receptors to produce its own cannabinoids, and that is why CBD seems to impact pain and inflammation responses.4
So if you’re looking to maintain your general health and wellbeing without the mind-altering effects one can experience from marijuana, then CBD is an option that may appeal.1,8
The ADCO CBD PAIN5 product range is formulated with a variety of ingredients that work together to help manage pain and get you back on the road to good health.
The range comprises of ADCO CBD STRESS6, available in drops, and capsule format. ADCO CBD DAILY7 products, available in drops, edible pastille, and capsule format. The ADCO CBD DAILY 10 edible pastilles8 come in pre-dosed bites, various colours, and an assortment of delectable lemon-lime, mango, raspberry, and strawberry flavours. The ADCO CBD PAIN5 products are produced in drops, capsules, and gel format.
Trusted, reliable, reputable ADCO CBD products are available from the ADCO CBD online store https://www.adcocbd.co.za/shop as well as independent pharmacies and selected Clicks and Dis-Chem stores. For more information visit: www.adcocbd.co.za and join the conversations on Facebook and Instagram. #ADCOCBD #onlineshopping #healthandwellness #painmanagement
1. Pisanti S, Malfitano AM, Ciaglia E, et al. Cannabidiol: State of the art and new challenges for therapeutic applications. Pharmacol Ther 2017;175:133-150.
2. Howard Schubiner, M.D, Pain is a message: How our brains try to protect us. Last accessed – 29/07/2021. Posted March 13, 2015 | https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/unlearn-your-pain/201503/pain-is-message-how-our-brains-try-protect-us
3. Mbvundula EC, Rainsford KD, Bunning AD. Cannabinoids in pain and inflammation. Inflammopharmacology 2004;12(2):99-114.
4. Nahtigal I, Blake A, Hand A, et al. The pharmacological properties of cannabis. J Pain Manage 2016;9(4):481-491.
5. ADCO CBD Pain. Professional information leaflet. 25 November 2019.
6. ADCO CBD Stress. Professional information leaflet. 25 November 2019.
7. ADCO CBD Daily. Professional information leaflet. 9 December 2019.
8. ADCO CBD Daily Pastilles. Professional information leaflet. 13 May 2020.