- PMI launches new course and tool kit to help create a workforce of creative problem-solvers
- KZN unveils database to recruit unemployed graduates
- A preservation 'revival' will supercharge South Africa's retirement outcomes
Creative Specialist - Digital Art Director
|Benefits:||Medical Aid, Funeral Cover, RA and Gap|
|Location:||Cape Town, Wood stock|
|Company:||Ogilvy Cape Town|
Ogilvy Cape Town has an integrated, best-in-class retail offering and specialised retail team. We are looking for specialist retail creatives to service our retail clients.
We are a group of thinker makers focused on bringing fresh breakthrough creative to our clients. We aim to make well-crafted channel-agnostic retail work that jumps out of the noise and demands attention.
We are looking for a Creative Specialist with digital experience to do this on a daily basis in a fast turn-around, always-on environment. The Creative Specialist is an art director, with strong design capabilities and a thorough knowledge of the digital landscape.
Creative Specialists offer support to the creative team well as be required to work independently. They must be are able to work alone and in collaboration with others. They must have sufficient skills to visualise and roll out creative ideas. When it comes to their design skills, they are channel and brand-agnostic. It is crucial that the Creative Specialist is able to translate a core idea across several different social media platforms with the knowledge of what works best for each platform.
This role needs someone who can work efficiently under pressure. We thrive in a fast pace environment in an ever-changing landscape. Having a solution-orientated mindset is key to succeed in this role.
- Strong design and art direction abilities.
- Good craft skills across a wide range of Content types
- Strong grasp of best practise in retail design
- Experience working across all digital platforms
- Culture of creative collaboration with associated teams
- Culture of agility (rapid turn-around)
- Culture of innovation
- High level of technical proficiency in design
- Excellent understanding of FA processes across print and digital platforms
- Ability to work quickly and efficiently
- Relevant tertiary qualification
- CC Suite: InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Keynote (Art Director background)
- ±Three-seven years retail experience
- Experience in the digital and social creative space
- Portfolio of work shown must demonstrate your ability to perform this role.
- Under the supervision of your senior creative line managers, you will be responsible for digital content and content plans
- You will be required to bring fresh ideas and innovative thinking
- You will be expected to mock-up ideas, to roll out ideas to the finished content output or oversee roll outdone by other members of the team
- You will ensure that the expectations of your senior creative line managers as well as traffic/ project managers are met
- You will be required to build strong relationships and foster good team spirit within your team and members of the agency
- You must have a solution-focused attitude
- Knowledge of all agency systems: timesheets, resource, planning
- You are ultimately responsible for ensuring your work is produced efficiently and on time
- You will work in close collaboration with your seniors who will set in place a structured way of working.
Posted on 06 May 13:13
Apply by emailVuyani Ngabaza
Or apply with your Biz CV
Create your CV once, and thereafter you can apply to this ad and future job ads easily.
See also: Graphic Designer, Designer, Digital Designer, Digital Account Manager, Account Director, Art Director, Director, PR Account Director, Creative Director, Digital Marketer
Get job alerts for Digital Art Director jobs
Ninety9cents is a full-service, integrated advertising agency, headquartered in Cape Town, and is one of South Africa’s largest independently owned agencies.
Cape Town Rand 11000 - Rand 13000 perMonth
A boutique marketing and design consultancy with longstanding clients is looking for a talented, fun-loving, hardworking designer/art director.
3 May 2021