Social Research and Evaluation Lead
|Remuneration:||negotiable negotiable depending on experience |
|Location:||Tanzania, Dar Es Salaam|
|Company:||Ipsos South Africa|
We are seeking a Social Research and Evaluation Lead to join our Africa Centre for Development Research and Evaluation team in Tanzania. This work in Tanzania has been growing strongly and we now have a fantastic opportunity to grow this work further through ensuring our primary research and evaluation outputs meets the needs of the development community in Tanzania; identifying funding opportunities and writing research and evaluation proposals, and ensuring delivery of impeccable research and evaluation reports.Key responsibilities:
- Provide vision and direction in the localization of our regional strategy for development clients.
- Expand work through engagement with those needing research and evaluation ensuring continued flow of funds to the office
- Grow the team, train and mentor them in project management, research and evaluation skills, and on how to provide a high level of client service to funding partners.
- Implement research and evaluation projects from start to finish, working with our internal field research and data analytics teams
- Represent IPSOS to the government, bilateral/multilateral institutions and with NGOS and in local and international meetings and conferences.
- Uphold the IPSOS brand and reputation as a reliable partner in the delivery of research and evaluation and as a key voice in our sector of focus. Spread the work of IPSOS through publishing of papers, memos and articles.
- Work in a positive and steadfast way with other teams within IPSOS Tanzania, around Africa and globally, pulling out all the stops to ensure perfect project delivery.
- You have a strong technical understanding of research and evaluation, through overall methods and from sampling, through instrumentation, analysis and reporting and are able to design, implement and write reports on research and evaluation projects.
- You have a minimum 10 years’ experience in working for a consultancy working in the development sector or for a donor-funded organization, with a strong component of research and / or evaluation at the design and reporting level (experience in conducting fieldwork only would not qualify here)
- You have been the team lead on external evaluations of donor-funded projects.
- You have worked in a business environment providing services to clients
- You must have experience writing winning proposals
- You have expertise in one of our IPSOS Tanzania sectors of focus (Public health, Agriculture, Market systems development/financial deepening, Environment, Gender).
- You have excellent written English to international standards.
- You are able to organize, mentor, engage and motivate a multicultural team
- You are ready and willing to integrate into a hardworking and fun team
Posted on 16 Sep 09:14, Closing date 15 Nov