|Get jobs on your |
Human Capital Manager
|Remuneration:||negotiable Cost to company|
|Company:||Viv Gordon Placements (VGP)|
Previously disadvantaged candidates will be given preference.
We have a terrific opportunity for a mid-weight Human Capital (HC) Manager at a well-regarded, Tertiary College in Cape Town with a reputation for excellence. The Human Capital Manager is a leadership member within the college and has an institutional function for all campuses. This exciting and challenging role calls for a dynamic individual who is highly meticulous and enjoys working in a fast-paced and pressurised working environment. The Human Capital Manager will be responsible and accountable for the management and leverage human resource information and systems (HRIS) solutions in support of the business objectives. This role is also responsible for managing and maintaining proper flow and recording of employee related personal and remuneration information. The successful candidate will transform and oversee accurate processing of all human resource key metrics. You will be responsible for effective and efficient delivery of all HR functions for the institution. This is a super opportunity – don’t miss it!
- Oversee administration with the assistance of the HC Administrator
- Executing strategic initiatives for the HC department and the College
- Build a strong team spirit, which displays the Company’s core values amongst staff and/or suppliers
- Policy and Procedure formulation: Provide an analysis of the current HR policies and procedures, risk exposure of the organisation, and provide advice to align HR policies and processes to best practices
- Manage full spectrum of statuary compliance (BBBEE, WSP/ATR, EEA)
- Remuneration and Payroll/ HR data management
- Staff Recruitment, Appointments and On-boarding
- Effective people management and motivational skills whereby you would implement coordinate and manage a performance management system
- Management of skills development of staff (Internal and External training initiatives)
- Provide training and guidance to the MD, EXCO and HR Team to improve the provision of HR services
- Industrial Relations: Sound track record of effective negotiation and consultation skills, in particular be able to advice on the legal, reputational and financial implications
- The position works in close partnership with the Human Capital Administrator in the fulfilment of duties and responsibilities and reports to the Managing Director.
The successful candidate must have/be:
- Postgraduate qualification in Human Resources/Organisational Psychology.
- Four years’ senior management experience in Human Resources.
- Two to three years' BBBEE management experience
- Two years’ experience in Higher Education advantageous.
- Previous experience in having best practises and innovative Human Resource concepts.
- Good working knowledge of labour regulations, the Labour Relations Act, the Basic Conditions of Employment Act; the Employment Equity Act; the Occupational Health and Safety Act; CCMA rules and procedures; Department of Labour rules and procedures.
- An understanding of current Human Resources practices and the ability to apply them.
- People Management – sound track record of effective people management and motivational skills.
- Sound track record of effective negotiation and consultation skills, in particular be able to advice on the legal, reputational and financial implications of interactions with disciplinary enquiries
- Strong academic writing skills.
- Experience in strategic leadership aspects, and enthusiasm for all fields within Human Resources.
- Management and leadership skills.
- Self-starter and motivator.
- Solution Focused and Proactive: Proactive thought and action to create improvement, innovation and future growth opportunities in delivery of teaching and learning.
- High Energy!
- Excellent and confident communicator both written and verbal.
Company DescriptionViv Gordon Placements (VGP) is a specialist recruitment agency in the advertising, marketing, media, digital, public relations and publishing industries.
Posted on 18 Mar 07:24
+27 21 422 1037
- Human Resources System Administrator – Workday HCM, Cape Town, DigiOutsource
Advertising, Marketing,Jhb: 011 883 5404
PR, Media and Digital
CT: 021 422 3590 www.adtalent.co.za
Recruiters & Career Coaches in Advertising, Marketing, Media, PR, IT and Digital.Lynn: 082 802 4441
Specialists in Tech & Marketing recruitmentJackie: 072 487 3387
Nova: 073 393 9731