Head of Sales
Job descriptiondmg events
is looking for a head of sales to join their thriving food, trade and hospitality team.
This is a senior sales role requiring an experienced person who has a proven track record in managing sales campaigns and a sales team for varied and complex media products. In return for excellent communication skills, the candidate will get to work on an exciting portfolio of products for one of the most innovative and pioneering event/media companies in Africa. Responsibilities include:
- Take responsibility for team and personal revenue budget ensuring the teams’ ability is maximized to achieve or exceed targets and budgets.
- Coach, mentor and direct a lean sales team and execute on the strategy.
- Ensure there is focus on managing existing customer relationships and developing new business.
- Attend industry events and trade shows.
- Support the portfolio director on the overall strategy for the division.
- Directly manage several international sales agents to ensure they meet revenue budgets and targets.
- Senior sales management for all sales campaigns working closely with other functional groups such as production / content and marketing.
- Help sales teams to achieve/exceed budgets.
- Direct the development of the revenue strategies to achieve and exceed budgets.
- Ensure the team remains motivated and productive.
- Development training (knowledge, skills, attitude, behavior).
- Resource management.
- Responsibility of managing a number of key accounts.
- Create and maintain good relationships internally and externally to help in sales delivery.
- Keep track of new business opportunities in targeted markets.
- Assume a role as one of the main leadership representatives of the company as a whole (internally and externally).
- Initiative, enthusiasm, commitment to the role, and pro-activity.
- Proven experience managing a sales team.
- SPIN selling training advantageous.
- Exceptional sales and negotiation skills.
- Sound commercial and business acumen.
- Great leadership ability.
- Excellent communication.
- Planning and organising skills.
- Ability to work well under high pressure situations.
Posted on 06 Oct 11:27, Closing date 5 Dec