Intermediate Java Backend Developer
Intermediate Java ackend developer wanted for an agile, progressive coding environment and corporate fintech in the heart of Cape Town. The team have invested substantially in their tech stack, adopting a microservices programming language such as Go, Scala, Java and Python.
You will join a team of smart, passionate, and rather friendly developers, working with bleeding-edge tech while building elegant robust code. Although the role is remote initially due to Covid19, some perks include progressive leave, free coffee + lunch, and an on-site gym! There is so much to love here!What you need to get their attention?
- Proficiency in database technology such as SQL Server, Oracle, MySQL or PostgresSQL and Object-relational mapping
- Since we are a multi-technology environment, knowledge of computer science fundamentals in object-oriented design, data structures and algorithms are a necessity
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practises for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes and testing
- Strong software design skills
- Experience in distributed computing and building enterprise-wide systems
- At least three years’ worth of professional development experience
- Java 8 and later
- Proficiency in message queueing technology such as RabbitMQ
- Docker, Kubernetes, Microservices knowledge/experience
- Functional programming knowledge
Reference Number for this position is GZ53495
which is a permanent position based in the Western Cape offering a salary of R780,000
per annum cost to company, salary negotiable on experience. Contact Garth on az.oc.egrem-e@zhtrag
or call him on 011 463 3633 to discuss this and other opportunities.
Are you ready for a change of scenery? E-Merge IT recruitment is a niche recruitment agency. We offer our candidates options so that we can successfully place the right people with the right companies, in the right roles. Check out the E-Merge IT website for more great positions.
Do you have a friend who is a developer or technology specialist? We pay cash for successful referrals!
Posted on 13 Oct 09:40, Closing date 12 Dec