|Get jobs on your |
Head of People - Youth Development
|Remuneration:||negotiable Basic salary|
|Benefits:||Possible Performance Bonus if funding allows|
|Location:||Cape Town, CBD Foreshore|
|Job level:||Management Snr|
|Own transport required:||Yes|
|Job policy:||Employment Equity position|
|Company:||Startup Non-Profit Organisation|
Job descriptionThis is a very exciting opportunity to be part of a startup non-profit organisation, set to make a great impact in the field of Youth Development, while being part of an innovative, transforming organisation whose culture is to use cutting-edge technology and breaking ground initiatives to create an environment of growth, development and essential skills within the youth sector, who have previously not had this type of opportunity.
This role as Head of People will form a crucial influence on this community-based initiative, which has the backing of global technology to provide the tools to influence the success of this initiative, while giving opportunities for youth to take ownership and “buy-in” to this “out-of-the-box” organisation. As Head of People, you will be able to identify strongly with the needs and aspirations of millennials and young team members, whose energy and ideas will drive the up-scaling of this enterprise over time, therefore a new, creative and innovative approach is required to undertake this Executive level role.
We are looking for an experienced formally-qualified human resources manager, who has this creative and innovative flair, and who can maximise employee growth and development within this young and energetic workforce.
The essence of this role will be:
- High level interpersonal skills combined with excellent communication and an inspirational and motivating style.
- Geared towards managing a growing and rapidly increasing workforce.
- To be able to motivate, coach and promote career development, both in own team, and the young workforce, without being prescriptive and micro-managing.
- To build and protect the culture of this the team-oriented, energetic and experimental workforce in this technology driven environment.
- Employee acquisition and retention through goal-based initiatives, rewards systems, and encouragement of work/life balance programmes.
- Creating a talent pipeline for future growth of the organisation, so internal talent is appropriately supported for advancement.
- Development of strategies for organisational and people development, and use of people tools, data and metrics to assist with the people strategies and decision-making.
- Development of all systems, for hiring, on-boarding, promotion, compensation and performance management.
- Development of policies and HR administrative support and record keeping, and compliance measures in relation to people management.
- Able to formulate and plan all headcount design, and oversee on-boarding of new team members.
- Be flexible and able to continually explore and experiment if necessary, to challenge and embrace difference and change.
- Be able to travel to various sites across South Africa, have own car and valid driver’s licence.
- A strong understanding of a non-profit operation is an advantage.
Company DescriptionFunded organisation based on Section 21 operation, and staff employed on annual contracts, possibly renewable if funding available.
- An Exciting, motivated and creative mindset, with an excellent ability to find solutions to people issues, structures and advancement.
- Flexibility and experimental attitude to aid the growth and innovation of the organisation and it young, excited and motivated employees.
Posted on 11 Jul 10:10