- "I hope to see genuine inclusion in the digital advertising industry," Boomtown's Brenda Ulay
- Tackling your B-BBEE in 2021 - 4 tips to doing more with less
- 5 ways in which 2020 changed the way corporates (and their employees) work
Lecturer - Garment Technology/Pattern/Business/History/Retail
|Location:||Cape Town, Mowbray|
|Company:||Cape Town College of Fashion Design|
Job descriptionCTCFD is looking for full and part-time lecturers to fill a number of new positions in 2021 at our Mowbray Campus. If you hold a bachelors degree or are working towards an honours or masters qualification in fashion design, clothing production or business studies apply now to join our dynamic team.
Responsibilities and duties
This position will require, but is not limited, to the following activities:
- Lecturing modules
- Developing and updating the curriculum for the modules in alignment with CTCFD's teaching style, developing lesson plans, tutorial content and structure, tests, assessments and exams for the modules assigned to you
- Lecture and conduct tutorials as part of the full-time or part-time programme offering
- Participate in the monitoring and evaluation of the academic programme, including attendance and maintenance of student records
- Liaise with academic colleagues/relevant industry contacts to ensure ongoing development and relevance
- Participate in the annual upgrade of programme content, where relevant
- Conduct, marking and moderation processes, participating in internal and external moderation processes where necessary
- Participate in student application and registration processes, where relevant
- Participate in examination and certification processes and promotion of students
- Attend regular staff meetings and relevant events
- Filing of all required documentation, including tracking and reporting on at-risk students
- Participate in student grievance and disciplinary sessions, where relevant
- Lecture in accordance with the requirements of the programme outcomes and in accordance with the accredited programme outlines
- Benchmarking of programme offerings against other relevant higher education institutions
- Adhere to centralised policies and procedures that ensure outstanding quality and unquestionable integrity of all academic programmes that are offered
- Assist with relevant marketing activities for the school (i.e. Open days etc.)
- Involvement in other business functions, where applicable, beyond core marketing responsibilities
If you feel you fit the criteria to join CTCFD, contact us today! Please apply with your CV, proof of academic qualifications and a cover/motivation letter aligning yourself to the requirements of the role before 31 November 2020.
Please send all information to az.oc.dfctc@tnemtiurcer.
Preference will be given, but not limited to, candidates from designated groups in terms of the employment equity act.
Company DescriptionTo provide innovative education that is responsive to the ever changing creative and technological developments in the fashion industry and to produce graduates who possess the knowledge, skills, design passion and work ethic to be highly employable in their chosen profession.
- Bachelors degree, honours qualification or masters qualification in fashion design, clothing production or business studies or consumer studies or are studying towards these qualifications should consider applying.
- Strong communication skills and the ability to lead, command, inspire and contribute to CTCFD's vision
- Self-driven and motivated with excellent administrative and time management skills
- Competent in Microsoft Office and Google Docs, Spreadsheets and Presentation tools
- Ability to work as part of a team in a dynamic environment
Posted on 27 Oct 13:48