|Get jobs on your |
Buyer - Fashion
|Remuneration:||negotiable Basic salary|
|Benefits:||Medical Aid, Provident Fund|
A popular retailer is in need of a trendy fashion forward buyer with strong product experience in fashion. We are searching for someone to build a career with a brand that says fashion!
Key performance areas
- Sourcing national and international, importing, supplying, and liaising with planning, design and merchandise teams.
- International travel to source upcoming trends.
- Costing of merchandise.
- Process all purchase orders, including coding and communicating the information to suppliers
- Work with suppliers and buyers to support negotiation of PO terms including cost
- Update PO system for retail changes, cost changes and extension dates
- Maintain, manage and update OTB (open-to-buy/recap sheets) daily, weekly and monthly
- Communicate with distribution department on problems related to shipping aspects
- Analyse reports and make recommendation for merchandise re-orders
- Review all reports to update merchandise department
- Liaising with suppliers regarding stock
- Grade 12/matric is a must have
- Bachelor's degree in consumer science, fashion, commerce or clothing management (related)
- Three years’ experience in a fully-fledged buying role
- High degree of proficiency in MS Office Suite and relevant industry applications
- Three to five years' retail clothing industry experience
- Good analytical skills, good organisational and planning skills with strong attention to detail
Posted on 04 Mar 09:52