Travel/Tour Business Service Consultant
|Remuneration:||negotiable negotiable depending on experience |
|Location:||Cape Town, Sea Point|
|Remote work:||Some remote work allowed|
|Own transport required:||Yes|
|Company:||SALT Concepts PTY LTD|
We are a small, family-run and owned business that has been operating for 13 years and we are looking for an experienced travel and tour consultant to join our team.
We we are a DMC and a travel agent but we also offer Marketing Services to our clients. We currently operate predominately within the German speaking markets.
We currently have 6 employees.
Normal work days - Monday to Friday plus sometimes (due to operational reasons) on weekends (weekend days will be reimbursed)
We offer our employees to work from home once a week, if suitable with regards to the tasks that need to be performed.
Flexible work hours between 09h00 and 20h00Hours per week optional: 25 hours, 30 hours or 40 hours
Payment level according to experience
Review after 6 months and thereafter every year
13. cheque - based on performance
Leave days in accordance with to labor law. Extra leave and educational leave can be obtained through a long term employment
Mothers welcome - yet you should have a good back up system in place
Applicants to consider that our offices are in the Atlantic Seaboard - as traffic is an issue these days
We do offer a permanent contract
We are looking for somebody that appreciates to work in a rather small, owner run firm with high standards & within a fast environment.
Responsibilities and requirements:
- Intermediate to senior level travel and tour consultant
- Independent Work permit in place
- Fluent in English, German is a bonus
- Excellent communication skills
- Matric (is not needed, for instance if an applicant went through a hospitality apprenticeship)
- Min. 2-3 year experience as Tour Consultant, Travel Agent or MICE Consultant in South or Southern Africa
- Good knowledge of all Southern African countries (adv.)
- FIT experience (incl. preparation of itineraries for individual travelers and small groups)
- Experience in handling Inbound incentive groups (and MICE business) within Southern Africa (adv.)
- Good supplier knowledge in the field of Tourism, at least in South Africa
- Ability to work under pressure and reach deadlines
- Ability to work individually - without a team leader, as company runs flat hierarchies
- Interest in working in a small owner run business with high standards
- Operations might require work over weekends from time to time (days worked will be granted as extra leave)
- Team player and flexible
- Driver’s license and own transport
- Knowledge of the following computer programs: PowerPoint (ideally 3 years’ experience, adv.), Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word. Any other graphic programs are a bonus
- There are no requirements towards system knowledge such as Tourplan & Co
- Market research experience (adv.)
- Social Media Experience (adv.)
- Good writing skills
- Creating itineraries for FITs & small leisure groups
- Writing proposals and program descriptions
- Preparing Budgets (mainly Excel)
- Looking after clients when they are travelling the country (pre-checks etc)
- Liaising with clients and suppliers
- Negotiating with suppliers
- Reconciliation (financially) of own projects
- Handling all invoices and payments regarding clients and suppliers
- Research suitable services
- Support the firm with their Marketing Services and Social Media
SALT Concepts is a South African registered Destination Management Company with a distinctive personal touch. Based in Cape Town since 2008, we operate throughout Southern Africa (South Africa, Namibia, Botswana, Zimbabwe, Zambia, Mozambique, Tanzania and Zanzibar). We are known for innovative Meetings, Incentives, Conferences and Events. We design and create premium event concepts for 10 up to 2000 participants and implement them with the highest quality. SALT events are always original, tailored to the individual customer and perfectly executed.
SALT Concepts also offers its service portfolio outside the events business and has established SALT Business Services. The company offers project management, marketing services, brand communication, office related services, property management and local representation. With SALT Business Services we accompany our customers on their journey to a modern brand communication and support them, both online and offline - with the development or modernization of logos, websites, print media, social media presences and much more.
Posted on 14 Oct 12:34, Closing date 13 Dec