|Get jobs on your |
Exhibition Sales Executive
|Remuneration:||R8000 - R12500 per month negotiable Basic plus commission|
|Company:||IT News Africa|
Job descriptionIT News Africa is a leading provider of African technology news, dedicated to providing information on the latest trends in the industry.
We have ambitious growth aspirations for our technology-focused B2B conferences and as such are looking for an equally ambitious Sales Executive to join our tight-knit team in Woodmead, Johannesburg.
Your role will primarily involve selling exhibition floor space and sponsorship over the phone and face-to-face to relevant businesses. You will have a database of businesses and contacts to reach out to but you'll also be expected to use your own initiative to think about new businesses that could benefit from exhibiting.
We're looking for an energetic, enthusiastic and confident sales executive who can build a good rapport with a client over the phone and in person, and who is eager to make their mark.
In return, you can expect a competitive basic salary, uncapped commission and an excellent working environment. We're keen for someone to start this new role ASAP, so if it sounds of interest please apply immediately.
The ideal candidate is an excellent communicator and influencer with strong research skills; a team-player with a strong commercial acumen, and driven by recognition and success who enjoys being part of an enthusiastic, business-oriented, and committed team. Must be able to work with a sense of urgency, control the sales process, and learn new industries quickly.
- Sell conference sponsorship and exhibition packages to existing or new clients.
- Exceed sales revenue targets for each event project and introduce new revenue from a wide pool of potential clients.
- Maintain excellent customer relations and have a thorough understanding of the markets in which you are selling.
- Work in a team environment cross-functionally.
- Sell sponsorship and exhibition packages for conferences and expos over the telephone and face-to-face.
- Research and conduct sales campaigns to attract sponsorship or exhibitors.
- Work closely across functions to maximise sales opportunities.
- Attend sector-specific events for face-to-face networking and business development purposes.
- Build relationships and contacts with new accounts and create new revenue opportunities from untapped sectors.
- Act as part of the on-site team and ensuring the smooth running of the event.
- Achieve or exceed annual/monthly minimum revenue requirement as well as product budgets.
- Following sales plans, meeting targets, and working with marketing on ongoing initiatives that may involve the development of targeted campaigns, collateral, etc.
- Real-time update of pipelines.
- Experience working on technology-focused conferences advantageous.
- Two years' experience in exhibition or sponsorship sales.
- Experience in events or exhibition sales is vital.
- Willing to work under pressure.
- Valid Drivers Licence.
- Proven sales track record.
- Advantageous: Experience working on technology conferences.
Posted on 26 Feb 10:11
- Sales Account Executive, Johannesburg
- Sales Executive, Johannesburg, Illovo, Sandton
- Media Sales/Business Development Executive, Midrand, Centurion, MyBroadband
- Sales Executive, Johannesburg
- Sales Executive - BBBEE Solutions, Johannesburg, Sandton
- Senior Media Sales Executive, Johannesburg, Kyalami
- Senior Sales Executive Activations/Events, Johannesburg, Randburg
- Executive Sales Administrator, Johannesburg, Sandton
- Sales Executive, Johannesburg, Sandton
- Sales Executive - Printed Labels/Flexible Packaging/Cartons, Johannesburg, Midrand
Advertising, Marketing,Jhb: 011 883 5404
PR, Media and Digital
CT: 021 422 3590 www.adtalent.co.za
Recruiters & Career Coaches in Advertising, Marketing, Media, PR, IT and Digital.Lynn: 082 802 4441
Specialists in Tech & Marketing recruitmentJackie: 072 487 3387
Nova: 073 393 9731