- R7.9bn training programmes to aid in skills development
- Certificate in Labour Law & Advanced Labour Law programme in Durban!
- Workplace Skills Plans 2019 - Are you ready?
|Get jobs on your |
|Remuneration:||R700000 - R800000 per year negotiable TCTC|
|Job level:||Management Jnr-Mid|
Job descriptionTo administer the affairs of the Company, manage the business of the Board and provide advice in the implementation of good governance practices in the organisation.
Key Outputs [KPI’s]:
- Provide written and verbal opinions on the Boards and Director's rights, duties and areas of potential liability.
- Report on all legislative amendments, updates relating to company secretarial and governance issues, and ensure they are appropriately communicated to all relevant stakeholders.
- Ensure that all books, records and documents of South African entities including trusts and joint ventures of company are kept in accordance with the provisions of the Companies Act and its regulations.
- Dealing with company related queries and requests from shareholders, third parties and stakeholders.
- Preparing, obtaining signatures and filing all round robin resolutions as may be requested.
- Formulate, obtain approval for and communicate all policies relating directly to the company secretarial function
- Schedule and send out meetings notices.
- Compile agendas and distribute meeting documentations (board packs) for the group and TET
- Attend Board, Committees, Trustees, and any other meetings and ensure that minutes are properly recorded.
- Maintain all registers required to comply with best governance standards.
- Determine, complete and lodge all requisite statutory returns for the group and TET with the Registrar of Companies - ensure proper safeguarding of all minutes.
- File returns and update company registers.
- Manage resource allocation to ensure effective staffing levels and utilization according to organisational needs
- Ensure the effective implementation and monitoring of SHE related programs according to the various system requirements
- Manage contracts and legal library.
- Build excellent working relationships with key internal and external clients, manage expectations and conflicting requirements with integrity, openness and professionalism.
- Develop and maintain relationships with external role players (government, business etc.) to influence decision making/interpretation in favor of the organisation.
- Facilitate and maintain effective stakeholder and business relationships through appropriate relationship building, networking and reporting activities.
- Degree in Corporate or Commercial Law.
- Sound knowledge of Companies Act and King IV Code.
- A qualified member of the Institute of Chartered Secretaries of SA, or holder of an equivalent qualification.
- Detailed knowledge of applicable legislation (in particular the Companies Act).
- In depth knowledge of Company governance and corporate management.
Posted on 13 Mar 11:11