- Most employers are doing prepaid purchases the hard way - Are you one?
- Let's talk boundaries: When all work and no play leads to burn-out
- 3 tips to keep your company culture flourishing while working remotely
Business Development Consultant
|Company:||Talent Magnet | Digital Recruitment|
Job descriptionA leading insurance company is looking for business development consultants. You need to be committed, driven, results-oriented advisers who are able to work on their own as well as in a team environment writing business in accordance with targets laid down by the company. These Consultants advise primarily on motor and household domestic insurance.
The company is looking for individuals in these geographic locations: Western Cape, Eastern Cape, KZN, Sandton, Pretoria, and Nelspruit
Extensive knowledge of the Short Term Insurance Industry
Knowledge and skills
- Thorough understanding of the short term insurance industry and products? Thorough understanding of business principles
- Interpersonal Skills
- Ability to handle conflict
- Negotiation skills
- Problem-solving skills
- Risk Assessment and analysis
- Insurance Principles and practice
- Customer and Personal Service
- Clerical and administrative procedures
- Be professional at all times with prospects, clients and other AF stakeholders? Presentation skills, both 1:1 and to groups
- Ability to present professionally
- Sales skills
- Prospecting skills
- Source sufficient lead generating opportunities to ensure 10 client quotes per week and 40 per month minimum.
- Minimum requirement of 8.5 written policies per month.
- Maintain and update your Lead Generation Matrix on a weekly basis.
- Once a quote is requested the consultant must contact client in order to conduct a proper needs analysis and offer professional advice.
- Sign up a minimum of five active lead referral agents.
- Complete weekly reports that reflect leads, quotes and sales as well as the source of the leads, average premium, total premium and any other pertinent information which may be required from time to time.
- Keep up to date and fully informed on product comparisons with opposition products.
- Stay abreast of AFI product changes and enhancements.
- Be compliant in all activities in accordance with regulations and standards of all Insurance regulations and professional guidelines and ethics.
- Maintain appropriate skills and knowledge in order to provide specialist, professional advice in all relevant business areas.
- Maintain the required dress code and professional appearance.
- Matric/Grade 12
- FAIS Credits (min 30 credits in short term insurance if date of first appointment is before 2010);
- Or if date of first appointment is on or after 01/01/2010, a full recognized qualification as per the FSCA qualification list.
- FAIS Regulatory examination for Representatives (RE5)
- 12 CPD (continuous professional development) points
- Minimum of three years’ experience in selling short term insurance either as a broker agent or tied agent.
- Call centre agents not preferred unless they have a minimum of five years’ experience
- All required regulatory exams and accreditation
- One year’s proof of commission earnings (minimum R10,000 per month)
- Candidate must have his/her own transport (CAR) and licence
Posted on 16 Nov 16:08
Apply by emailZelda Mncube
Or apply with your Biz CV
Create your CV once, and thereafter you can apply to this ad and future job ads easily.
See also: Business Analyst, Consultant, Business Unit Director, Business Development Consultant, Business Development Manager, Sales Consultant
We're recruitment experts who specialise in digital. With over 15 years experience ,Here's what we offer. FAST, PROFESSIONAL SERVICE Speed is everything in this business, which is why work around the clock to get results fast. A UNIQUE DIGITAL FOCUS We're passionate about digital and uniquely focused on helping the industry grow. From Client Service to Paid Media, SEO, Marketing, and more, we've got it covered. NATIONAL NETWORK With contacts across the South Africa and some obroad, we have the ability to find work placements and opportunities irrespective of location. IMPROVISED SOLUTIONS Whether it's immersing ourselves in company culture or hot desking at clients to find them the perfect candidate, we pull out all the stops.