- Most employers are doing prepaid purchases the hard way - Are you one?
- Let's talk boundaries: When all work and no play leads to burn-out
- 3 tips to keep your company culture flourishing while working remotely
Financial Risk Business Analyst
Job descriptionOne of our Nomad Now clients, the largest independent management consulting firm in South Africa, is seeking a financial risk business analyst with three to five years’ experience in financial services.
- Three to five years’ experience in financial services
- Experience in quantitative analysis and the interrogation of data (preferably in investments)
- Understanding of economics, investment management, and the financial environment
- Experience with systems like Bloomberg, Reuters, risk and performance analysis systems is advantageous
- Understanding the drivers of investment returns (performance attribution)
- Optimise the shareholder investment portfolio within the group's risk appetite, including capital coverage and IFRS earnings at risk dimensions, regulatory requirements and Liquidity requirements
- Set the strategic asset allocation and TAA limits of the SIP Long Term Investment Portfolio, in line with overall risk appetite, and in line with SIP's overall objective
- Understand the overall SIP performance drivers, and providing oversight to ensure portfolio performs in line with mandate, and propose improvements
- Work with Risk team to ensure the portfolio remains within limits, that all instruments held, and transactions performed are within approved mandates
- Establish and continuously improve MI processes, earnings reporting and attribution processes, working with insurance centre of excellence and financial decision support
- Regularly report on the performance of the Shareholder Investment Portfolio to the various stakeholders
- Manage relationship within the Group and ensure the MI used in budgeting and PnL reporting is timeous and appropriate
- Drive the setting up of required MI processes and dashboard to more efficiently manage the SIP day-to-day operations
- Be responsible for drafting the commercials of mandates, tracking adherence to mandates, driving the budgeting process, and carrying out due diligence where required
- Work with structuring and credit alternatives to improve overall balance sheet efficiency
Posted on 22 Oct 08:01
See also: Business Analyst, Analyst, Data Analyst, Business Unit Director, Test Analyst, Business Development Consultant, Business Development Manager
Get job alerts for Business Analyst jobs
Join one of South Africa's leading retail giants as part of the HR team as their HR lead analyst. Responsibilities Create valuable data-based insights, predictions...
Cape Town R600000 - R800000 Yearly
An exciting opportunity exists at a large Insurance company in Cape Town. They are looking for a Senior Actuarial Student/Recently Qualified Actuary...
Cape Town R300000 - R400000 Yearly
I am representing a client who is looking for a junior actuarial analyst to join their team.
Cape Town R400000 - R800000 Yearly
An exceptional role has presented itself at a top banking business.
Purpose The purpose of this role is to empower and enable the business to make good commercial decisions, by offering insights and impactful metrics gleaned from the...
Cape Town, Belville R600000 - R650000 Yearly
High calibre business analysts are required to join a leading wealth management company.