Business Relationship Manager
|Location:||Cape Town, Salt River|
|Company:||Red and Yellow Creative School of Business|
This is a really exciting opportunity to work with a vibrant, growing commercial team – alongside our marketers, learning designers and programme managers – to consult with and support new and existing corporate clients in tackling their internal training and development needs, ensuring that their people - and their businesses - continue to grow and thrive in an ever-changing world.
The Digital Era is disrupting the way we work and live, and presenting businesses with complex new challenges - and exciting new opportunities, but this requires new skills and new mindsets. The companies with the most future-fit people will be the ones that win, and we play a critical role in partnering with our clients to develop their teams.
You will be responsible for identifying and developing relationships with new clients, helping them analyse their challenges and needs, and working with them to develop and deliver cutting edge training solutions that address them. These solutions will require you to stretch your complex problem-solving brain, and tap into your creativity and lateral thinking abilities.
We believe in building lifelong relationships with our top tier clients, and you will play a critical role in delivering on this.
- Identify and acquire new corporate clients for Red & Yellow (B2B sales).
- Sell Red & Yellow programmes and courses to corporate clients and deliver against revenue and sales targets. In most cases, this will involve:
- consulting with clients;
- diagnosing learning and development challenges;
- developing and prescribing solutions that are comprised of Red & Yellow programmes and courses.
- Add real value to our clients, by:
- offering unique and valuable perspectives on the market and their sector
- educating them on new developments and insights
- helping them navigate alternative programmes and courses
- providing consultation and advice
- helping them avoid potential pitfalls and overcome obstacles.
- ...and in doing the above, you’ll need to ensure that you do the following:
- Build lead lists, generate new leads and opportunities and build relationships with new clients
- Prepare your own proposals and presentations
- Negotiate and close sales of varying degrees of complexity, scope and value
- Demonstrate advanced awareness of the digital economy, Learning and Development trends and “burning issues” affecting prospective clients, their sectors and the market at large
- Become fully conversant in matters relating to B-BBEE (especially relating to skills development)
- Develop a deep understanding of our courses, so that you can meaningfully engage with prospective clients and identify courses which suit their needs.
- Proactively seek ways to improve product and industry knowledge and better understand the target market for courses.
- Assume responsibility for own productivity, manage and update account status reports daily, remain up to date on company projects and ensure company and department objectives are met.
- Manage and maintain your own individual sales pipeline and contribute towards sales pipeline overall.
- Travel as and when needed to meet with clients
At Red & Yellow, we actively prioritise the right attitude combined with the right behavioural attributes over prior experience (although fantastic prior experience is certainly also valued, but not always necessary).
- Serious smarts are non-negotiable. Our clients expect excellence from us, and our students are professional, intelligent and driven, and they value high intelligence – both intellectual and emotional – in our people.
- A growth mindset and a “can-do” attitude. People with a growth mindset “tend to thrive on challenges and embrace failure as a mechanism for learning and development”. They constantly question the world and their place within it and look for opportunities to improve themselves and their environments around them.
- Constant curiosity and hunger for learning.
- Natural sales inclination and confidence. Sales skills can be learned, but a desire and willingness to sell is essential.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Not only is communication one of the most important elements of this role, but you are also an ambassador of Red & Yellow.
- Professionalism, patience and kindness. Dealing with people day in and day out can be taxing, and it takes a particular kind of person to keep calm, cheerful and effective.
- Ability to work in a team, and to work under pressure.
- Relevant tertiary qualification essential
- At least two years of relevant working experience
- Prior working experience in an educational, customer service or sales, or HR or learning and development environment is advantageous
- Proven sales experience essential
- Strong work ethic and ability to adapt to the fast pace of the business
- Skill in organising time and establishing priorities.
Preference will be given, but not limited to, candidates from designated groups in terms of the employment equity act.
Posted on 21 Oct 08:55
Apply by emailRobyn Flanders